Notifications
Clear all

Swollen Face

MemberMember
(@jordanmac)

Posted : 07/07/2013 3:04 pm

So 2 days ago i started using the regimen. The first night i used it i only put the BP on my T-zone and chin because those are the only areas i had acne, but i put the lotion everywhere on my face. The next morning i woke up with a swollen face (i think it was from the lotion), i cancelled my plans and stayed home all day trying to make the swelling go down. It was so bad, under my eyes, both my cheeks, and on my jawline. I iced it all day, took medicine, used aloe gel, jojoba oil, put tea bags on my eyes, and gently massaged my face. The swelling when down a little bit, but i still looked like a chipmunk. Then in the middle of the night last night my face started itching so bad i couldn't sleep! I but anti-itch cream on it and took more medicine and it made it stop itching long enough for me to fall asleep. Then this morning i woke up and my face is twice as swollen as it was yesterday! I'm so sick of trying to make the swelling go down if its just going to get worse tomorrow! I'm going on vacation in 1 day and i don't want to be like this! Its so embarrassing and impossible to cover up. I stopped using all of the new products i just spent 60 dollars on. I need something to make this go away fast! Please help!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/07/2013 3:56 pm

Unfortunately, it may be that you are allergic to BP. Give your face a few days to calm down and maybe try again with a pea sizedamount for the first week, once a day.

Keep us posted either way and try to enjoy your vacation

MemberMember
(@jordanmac)

Posted : 07/07/2013 4:16 pm

I don't think it is the BP because i didn't put any of it on the area's that are swollen! I think it might be the lotion...

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/08/2013 4:41 am

Well stop using everything for a few days and then try reintroducing BP and regular moisturizer and see how it goes. A little swolleness is normal, a lot , is not

Good Luck

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 07/08/2013 7:21 am

It's def an allergic reaction to something. Stop everything until the swelling is completely gone and of you think it's the lotion, then introduce a tiny bit of Bp but using a different cleanser and moisturizer. You must be really careful that the allergic reaction isn't twice as bad the second time. Apply it in the morning so you can monitor your body's response. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@hopefullyclearer)

Posted : 08/02/2014 11:03 pm

Hi I have used this product for 6 days since I started. On the 5th day I woke up with swollen cheeks and they were red and today the same thing happened but the redness has reduced has reduced noticeably. The only thing I did in those 4 days in comparison to the 5 and 6 day were I woke up 6 hrs earlier and washed my face. Now do you think the swelling is due to the amount of time I've had it on my face? Thanks