Progress & Complime...

Notifications
Clear all

Progress & Compliments

MemberMember
(@smooth-operator)

Posted : 06/27/2013 1:22 pm

I am on Day 5 of The Regimen and have already seen significant improvement not only in outbreaks but tone and clarity as well. And I just got a compliment on how smooth my skin looks smile.png What?!

I did not have super high hopes about trying The Regimen, as I have dealt with acne for over 25 years. At it's worst stage my face looked like a pizza with everything on it. It has brought me to tears and caused me to stay home from work on many occasions because of my oozing, itching, throbbing, ugly inflamed face. I have missed out on so much socializing because of the state of my skin. Like many of you, I have tried everything, the most extreme being Accutane, from which I am still dealing with side effects, 20+ years later (hair loss and chronically dry lips. I keep Blistex in business).

However, after stumbling across the YouTube demo, I decided to give it a shot, because as far as I'm concerned at 40-something years old I should not still be dealing with acne. While it has improved a great deal, I am still breaking out. What I watched and read just made sense. I am so happy I took the plunge. My skin looks great and feels great. I love makeup and realized my makeup was never going to look good as long as my skin didn't look good.

I think the key is to be gentle. I know that we hate our acne so much that we want to scrub it away, but I agree with Dan - irritation = acne. Be nice to yourself, be gentle : ) And don't over do it. Patience is key. Washing your hands between the application of each product is important too. Keep it clean, as they say...a sterile environment. And don't forget to keep your hair clean and wash your pillowcases regularly. All of these things matter.

I should also mention that I wash my face with bottled water (Fiji) or filtered water from my Pur pitcher. I bought an extra Pur pitcher just for this purpose. This may seem extreme, but I am serious about my skin and will do everything possible to help it. This is also because the tap water in my city is extremely hard/harsh..and I don't want any of those chemicals, minerals, chlorine, etc on my face.

Every night when I feel too lazy to do any of this, I remind myself of the great results I'm getting!

Thank you Dan and acne.org.

These products have been a game-changer.

Note: ATM, I am only doing The Regimen once a day (at night). In the morning I don't wash my face - I merely rinse with cool water and apply the acne.org moisturizer (and sunscreen). I'm going to start the 2x per day routine in the next week or so, as my skin gets acclimated to everything. Using BP during the day will be a first for me!

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 06/29/2013 4:04 pm

Great post! I'm glad you are seeing some early progress and how wonderful was it to get that compliment! eusa_clap.gifcheer.gif