Replacing Bp With I...

Notifications
Clear all

Replacing Bp With Isotrexin

MemberMember
(@gteen)

Posted : 05/31/2013 7:25 am

Hey, I went to a dermatologist about my mild/moderate acne in september and he prescribed me with Isotrexin and Tetralysal to use both once daily (Isotrexin at night and take a tetralysal in the morning).

I recently got the acne.org cleanser + moisturiser.

I am using them with what I have been prescribed and I'm wondering is it as effective as using BP?

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 05/31/2013 8:05 am

So tetralsal is an oral antibiotic? Isotrexin is retain a + an antibiotic in it so that works as an exfoliater plus killing the bacteria, keep using that at night. You may want to apply 2.5% BP during the day time after you cleanse if your acne isn't improving from what the dermatologist prescribed. So to answer your question, no, your regimen isn't as effective since you're not applying a topical during the day to combat the acne. BP targets the acne bacteria.

MemberMember
(@gteen)

Posted : 05/31/2013 8:30 am

ah I see, Ill keep with what I'm doing for now because my acne isnt as bad as most people I see using bp.

also im worried that if I moisturise and then use the isotrexin it wont work but no matter how gentle I am the isotrexin seems to come off when I moisturise after using isotrexin.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 05/31/2013 8:57 am

Your dermatologist must have not thought you needed BP if they didn't prescribe it. You can apply moisturizer before or after, the isotrexin will still absorb into the skin, if your skin isn't dry and peeling then you don't need to apply moisturizer. I use a retin-a and only apply moisturizer over areas like around my mouth and nose that are more prone to becoming dry easily.

ah I see, Ill keep with what I'm doing for now because my acne isnt as bad as most people I see using bp.

also im worried that if I moisturise and then use the isotrexin it wont work but no matter how gentle I am the isotrexin seems to come off when I moisturise after using isotrexin.