Advice For The Regi...

Notifications
Clear all

Advice For The Regimen Difficulties

MemberMember
(@beebark)

Posted : 04/04/2013 5:33 pm

This is is my first forum post, and I have been on the Regimen for (at least) 16 months. I have had such great progress and this stuff has worked wonders on my face. It has gotten rid of acne as well as acne scars. I was prescribed Accutane and took the medication about 3 years ago and while it did completely get rid of my severe acne, the side effects were harsh. I am here to talk about one side effect that is still present, and that is facial redness. Almost like a Rosacea type of effect, but not Rosacea. Cheeks are ALWAYS red and because I am aware of it, whenever I get embarrassed, nervous, or feel pressure I automatically think "Oh boy, please don't let my face get red." (which makes it worse) I am no expert, but I can safely say The Regimen does not help the redness. The moisturizer, while successful for most of my experience with it, has started to leave a dry effect on my face no matter how much I put on. I even have some skin peelings around my face. It then leaves a burning sensation which also leads to irritation and redness. Regardless, the facial redness is something I hope to start putting an end to. I was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice on how to make the redness go away.

So two things I am having major difficulty with:

1. Moisturizer -------> Leaves an irritable feeling and does not moisturize my face.
  2. Facial redness -------> Almost ALWAYS PRESENT and The Regimen isn't solving this problem.

*(BEFORE YOU ANSWER: Don't answer with comments like "stop using The Regimen", "Go see a Derm", or anything like that. I am well aware of the obvious solutions and I am looking for someone with a deeper and better knowledge for this stuff)

AND REGARDLESS OF YOUR ANSWER THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP! banana.gif

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/04/2013 8:02 pm

This is is my first forum post, and I have been on the Regimen for (at least) 16 months. I have had such great progress and this stuff has worked wonders on my face. It has gotten rid of acne as well as acne scars. I was prescribed Accutane and took the medication about 3 years ago and while it did completely get rid of my severe acne, the side effects were harsh. I am here to talk about one side effect that is still present, and that is facial redness. Almost like a Rosacea type of effect, but not Rosacea. Cheeks are ALWAYS red and because I am aware of it, whenever I get embarrassed, nervous, or feel pressure I automatically think "Oh boy, please don't let my face get red." (which makes it worse) I am no expert, but I can safely say The Regimen does not help the redness. The moisturizer, while successful for most of my experience with it, has started to leave a dry effect on my face no matter how much I put on. I even have some skin peelings around my face. It then leaves a burning sensation which also leads to irritation and redness. Regardless, the facial redness is something I hope to start putting an end to. I was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice on how to make the redness go away.

So two things I am having major difficulty with:

1. Moisturizer -------> Leaves an irritable feeling and does not moisturize my face.
  2. Facial redness -------> Almost ALWAYS PRESENT and The Regimen isn't solving this problem.

*(BEFORE YOU ANSWER: Don't answer with comments like "stop using The Regimen", "Go see a Derm", or anything like that. I am well aware of the obvious solutions and I am looking for someone with a deeper and better knowledge for this stuff)

AND REGARDLESS OF YOUR ANSWER THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP! banana.gif

Is the redness really that bad?? I'm a pretty pale person and when I get embarrassed about anything, the redness is pretty apparent. Or even if I start to warm up for my workouts I already get redness on my face. I don't mind it because us pale people like to see a bit of color. I just kind of chalk it out to being pale and having sensitive skin.

As for the moisturizer...are you using Dan's moisturizer? Do you use jojoba oil with it? I don't use his, I use a cetaphil lotion and it has been very moisturizng for me. And it doesn't clog my pores either. I have no idea where you live, but if you live in a really cold climate, Dan's moisturizer might not be enough. Try to experiment with adding jojoba oil first. If you have already then try thicker moisturizers that have non-comedogenic ingredients.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 04/04/2013 8:39 pm

It maybe time to change moisturisers if you're finding that your skin is still reacting after such a long time following the regimen. Even if you're using all of Dan's products, try switching for a while to see if that helps.

Here is a link that suggests some over the counter products and ingredients to avoid.

http://www.acne.org/supplies-guide.inc.html