3 Weeks Into The Re...

Notifications
Clear all

3 Weeks Into The Regimen...problems!

MemberMember
(@burtsbee)

Posted : 03/21/2013 12:13 pm

It's been about 3 weeks since I started the regimen and I'm currently still breaking out, which is okay while I'm still being patient with the clearing up process.

However, I'm having issues with severe itchiness and my face BURNS when I apply benzyl peroxide now..

I upped the dosage a little, but starting cutting down because of the serve itchiness and burning on my face.

Should I add in jojoba oil to decrease the itchiness and burning?

Also, I can see that my acne is flattening out, but is it alright if the areas were my acne is flattening out are turning into red and purple-y blotches? I'm not sure if this is just alot of hyperpigmentation, but it's just extremely red and blotchy on my skin.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 03/21/2013 12:18 pm

All of those problems you're having are completely normal. Just keep it going and it should eventually subside. Definitely start using the jojoba oil though! It's a godsend for people on the regimen with dry/irritated skin. Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@burtsbee)

Posted : 03/21/2013 2:12 pm

Thank you for your response! I will be going out to buy jojoba oil today to calm the redness! My skin is not even really on the severely dry side during this regimen..I'm not sure if the jojoba oil will help with the itchiness, but I'm hoping so!

MemberMember
(@kris1787)

Posted : 03/21/2013 3:56 pm

I'm also about 3 weeks in, and I'm experiencing what you are. I'm still getting pimples here and there, but they are not the huge ones I was dealing with beforehand. All the other pimples are flattening out and now I have lots of dark spots. But I'd rather have the dark spots than lots of active pimples that's for sure. I started using jojoba oil right away with the regimen. My face was so flaky and it really helped. Last week I noticed that my face was getting less dry and flaky and didn't burn. Now into week 3 it's starting again, I'm guessing because I'm upping the bp dosage, so I'm going to take it easy on that and just take my time.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/21/2013 8:06 pm

When I started the regimen I used the full BP amount prescribed by Dan's it was such a wrong move on my part because I should have taken it slow with the BP. My skin was dry and red and itchy and I felt like everytime I put on moisturizer my face was gonna burn of. I stuck to it though and eventually around the 4th week the dryness started diminishing. I still had cystic acne, but that was about the time they started going away.

Jojoba oil works wonders! I got it a week into a regimen and it definitely helps. Also, don't be afraid to apply moisturizer throughout the day when you are feeling dry and itchy. At night you can double the amount too. I don't really mind looking so greasy because I'm just going to bed.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 03/21/2013 8:28 pm

Yes unfortunately the very red patches are completely normal (and not hyper-pigmentation), but it does fade in time and sometimes quite suddenly. . I didn't find that the jojoba oil helped with the redness, only the flakiness, but its still a good product to introduce.

I've always thought that Step 1 of the Regimen should be "take yourself off to a deserted island for 1 month so you can get through the worst of the red, dry burning itchy skin stage without having to deal with the outside world'. :)

MemberMember
(@burtsbee)

Posted : 03/22/2013 12:02 am

Thank you for all the responses! I'm glad that I'm not the only experiencing the red patches and burning skin.

and I'm glad the red patches are normal. Hopefully I can get through this itchy, red patches, and burning phase soon....

MemberMember
(@reneeawen)

Posted : 03/24/2013 7:32 pm

You'll be breaking out for three more weeks I'm afraid. You'll have to read the post I made bellow to find out why:

Hang in there! :)