My Experience(S) Wi...

Notifications
Clear all

My Experience(S) With The Regime

MemberMember
(@reneeawen)

Posted : 03/20/2013 7:21 pm

For those of you who are on The Regimen, currently starting The Regimen or thinking about starting The Regimen, I have made an entire "Questions and Answers" page for it that may or may not help you. This was done a few months ago and I just finally decided to post it so that everyone can find it.

Some people have found my pictures in the websites gallery and have asked me if I was still doing the regimen. The answer is no, I have moved onto something else.

However, The Regimen did work for me, so the least I can do is offer both my album and information dedicated to it.

Here is my album (From right to left):

... And this is my album at Month three when I was finished:

As well as another person's album who was on The Regimen:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/user/179893-thereisalwayshope/

So, without further ado...

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/21/2013 4:38 am

Very good read! Nice job on this. I bet a lot of regimen users and those who are planning to go on the regimen will learn a lot. :)

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 03/21/2013 7:52 am

How kind of you to write out all that helpful information! Thank you! :)

Questions....

Aren't we not supposed to use regular soaps on the regimen? I thought it messed up the PH of the skin or something.

Why did you stop the regimen if it was working for you? (sorry if I missed that somewhere, you may have mentioned it in another post but I forgot)

Thanks again! <3

MemberMember
(@reneeawen)

Posted : 03/21/2013 8:22 am

Very good read! Nice job on this. I bet a lot of regimen users and those who are planning to go on the regimen will learn a lot. smile.png

Thanks so much! That's what it's there for.

How kind of you to write out all that helpful information! Thank you! smile.png

Questions....

Aren't we not supposed to use regular soaps on the regimen? I thought it messed up the PH of the skin or something.

Why did you stop the regimen if it was working for you? (sorry if I missed that somewhere, you may have mentioned it in another post but I forgot)

Thanks again! <3

No problem! Let's see... I think natural soaps and soaps with organic ingredients shouldn't be a problem. I was just stating that if you lather up the soap really well and wash gently, your face will be just as clean as it would with liquid soap. More people prefer liquid soap because a.) it feels better and b.) because bar soap leaves a rough residue on the skin.

I stopped for several reasons! One obvious reason is that the Cons outweighed the Pros tremendously. Another is because the regimen is not a cure. I want to get RID of my acne, not maintain it. I tried the regimen just as I has tried numerous other things from my dermatologist, I am extremely open minded. A lot of what they gave me worked, but I was always sensitive to the side effects, including some that I suffer to this very day, such as permanently chapped and dry lips, and an endless supply of thin hair falling out of my scalp when I bathe. Other than the BP burning and peeling side effects on the skin, Dan's Regimen seemed much more risk-free. Plus the logic of it made a lot of sense.

I don't recommend The Regimen though, but I can't stop people from doing it, so I may as well help them and let them decide for themselves wink.png.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 03/21/2013 8:56 am

Good luck! I tried and tried to cure my acne through natural means, but it didn't happen. More than a year of suffering (and more than 5-6 total in doing diet/holistic things) and I'm worse than ever. I don't really believe in natural cures anymore, to be honest. But I really hope you can find yours.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 03/21/2013 9:24 pm

TreatAcne, i love your posts and your spirit! You are truly an inspiration to me andi hope that you find a cure because you sure as hell deserve one.

Thanks for all the adice. I will be trying The regimen in a month and i am dreading and also looking forward to try somethingthat may potentially relieve me of my acne (i'd take control over cure anyday.) Your advice gives me hope that mayeb, just maybe this may work for me.