Notifications
Clear all

Aha Questions/help

MemberMember
(@brf7)

Posted : 02/14/2013 9:29 pm

I've been on DKR a little over a month now. I would say my skin has become accustomed to BP because I quickly started to see a ton of my dryness/flakiness go away, but I still had some there. I used AHA for the first time last night.

First off, is it supposed to smell weird. All I could smell was pickles. Its like I was putting my nose up to a pickle jar.

I also noticed the next day I had more dry ness than I did. Did this happen to you guys when you used it for the first time.

I dont want to keep you here all day but how many times should I use it a week. Once or twice? And should I put Olay Complete on the next morning after moisturizing?

Thanks rolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@pennypincher)

Posted : 02/14/2013 9:31 pm

USE A SPF! Dark spots may cause some serious damage to your overall skin appeal!

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 02/15/2013 11:58 am

Hey there... How are using AHA? What brand are you using? AHA should be mixed in with your regular amount of moisturizer and applied every 2 to 3 days for a few weeks before your skin adjusts. Similar to how you apply BP at the beginning of the regimen. You also should be using SPF everyday... Oil of Olay Sensitive Skin SPF 15 is fine but you may want to look into getting a stronger SPF. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock Liquid SPF 70 is excellent because it blends incredibly well with moisturizer and doesn't leave a white film behind. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@brf7)

Posted : 02/15/2013 4:01 pm

Hey there... How are using AHA? What brand are you using? AHA should be mixed in with your regular amount of moisturizer and applied every 2 to 3 days for a few weeks before your skin adjusts. Similar to how you apply BP at the beginning of the regimen. You also should be using SPF everyday... Oil of Olay Sensitive Skin SPF 15 is fine but you may want to look into getting a stronger SPF. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock Liquid SPF 70 is excellent because it blends incredibly well with moisturizer and doesn't leave a white film behind. Good luck!

I'm using Dans AHA+. I thought you were supposed to replace the AHA with the moisturizer? Will it effect the result if I put it with it because I dont want to use it and not get any results.

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 02/15/2013 4:07 pm

I'm using Dans AHA+. I thought you were supposed to replace the AHA with the moisturizer? Will it effect the result if I put it with it because I dont want to use it and not get any results.

Some people are able to use AHA+ as a replacement to their moisturizer, however it's suggested that you use it with moisturizer as a neutralizer to cut down on irritation. Perhaps over time you will be able to use AHA as your moisturizer, but for others, like myself, they must use AHA and moisturizer together. I've been using AHA+ w/my moisturizer for over 2 months and it's only benefited my skin. When I attempted to use AHA separately, I had a horrible skin reaction. Therefore adding AHA to your moisturizer will not diminish AHA's effectiveness. Hope that helps! 🙂

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 02/20/2013 2:30 am

The first time I used Dan's AHA I woke up the next morning with my skin drier than ever. I then started to use is as NYCQueen has suggested, mixed in with moisturiser a few times a week and then built up from there.

I can now happily use AHA by itself with no problems but it took me a good couple of months to build up to that. AHA rocks.....it makes your skin glow!