Problems With Jojob...

Notifications
Clear all

Problems With Jojoba Oil

MemberMember
(@sufferingwithacne)

Posted : 02/01/2013 7:20 am

Whats up everyone?

Anyone else having any issues with jojoba oil?

I use only 3 drops with the moisturizer and when I put it on my face...damn...I just get the worst shine..I do not know why...otherwise it has certainly been great in terms of acting as an anti-inflammatory. Anyone else had this same issue and have a solution of some sort?

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 02/26/2013 9:38 am

Use CVS oil absorbing sheets. put 2 sheets on your forehead, 1 on each cheek, and 1 on your chin. Let it sit for like 2mins then pull them off.

I only use it in the morning because thats when people will see me. At night I dont use it.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/05/2013 12:10 am

Whats up everyone?

Anyone else having any issues with jojoba oil?

I use only 3 drops with the moisturizer and when I put it on my face...damn...I just get the worst shine..I do not know why...otherwise it has certainly been great in terms of acting as an anti-inflammatory. Anyone else had this same issue and have a solution of some sort?

I used to notice the same thing. But I did continue using the jojoba oil and found that over a few weeks, my skin wasn't as oily or shiny anymore. Perhaps it just takes a little getting used too. I even use 6 drops in my moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@ghiggz)

Posted : 03/08/2013 3:04 pm

When you say you use 6 drops in your moisturizer, what do you mean? Do you mean that you put 6 drops of it into the entire bottle of moisturizer and mix? Or do you add 6 drops to each application of moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/09/2013 6:09 am

When you say you use 6 drops in your moisturizer, what do you mean? Do you mean that you put 6 drops of it into the entire bottle of moisturizer and mix? Or do you add 6 drops to each application of moisturizer?

I add six drops with each application..

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 03/09/2013 12:10 pm

Be really generous with it at night if you are super dry. It doesn't matter so much if you are shiny at night. And use a little less during the day if the shine is really bothersome. Also, after you apply the jojoba oil and moisturizer let it set a little while then blot off the excess shine if you need to.

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#oily

MemberMember
(@michellekl77)

Posted : 03/09/2013 2:59 pm

I only used the jojoba oil in the first month of the regimen, it wasn't dans oil it was one I found at the store, but honestly I don't need it, I slathered on enough moisturizer and I was fine, I'm in my 3rd month of the regimen now and my skin has never felt this smooth and healthy, try using dans AHA+ after your 6th week it's great for moisture, and scarring as well.