So Much Moisturizer...

Notifications
Clear all

So Much Moisturizer?!

MemberMember
(@squids)

Posted : 01/14/2013 9:33 pm

Hello all,

I am on day four of my first attempt at The Regimen. Things are going as expected with a bit of itchiness and stinging after the BP. I'm following everything exactly except for the moisturizer. I just can't seem to get two full pumps to absorb into my face. I'm using the DKR big bottle products and can barely make one and a half pumps absorb after 45 minutes. it just sits on my face. I'm worried that when I've worked up to two full pumps of BP in a few weeks I'm going to have trouble getting that to dry as well. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I try putting it on in steps? Let one pump dry at a time?

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 01/14/2013 10:26 pm

Hi Squids

There are a couple of tips that I got from people when I first started the regimen that work pretty well for people who can't get the moisturiser to absorb. Its really important that you use plenty of moisturiser as in the following weeks the BP will certainly start to dry your skin out and its important to keep it as hydrated (and therefore less irritated) as you can.

The first is to apply in two parts. Move one pumpful around your face and then leave for a few mins to absorb and then rub a second pumpful.

The second is to apply and move it around you face for a few mins like the regimen instructions state, but then leave for it to absorb by itself for 10 mins. After 10 mins start to move it around you face again and you will find that it will have gone thicker and is likely to absorb better.

Personally I use a combination of both methods. I apply one pump, leave it for 5 mins, then apply a second pump, leave it for 10 and then rub the remainder in. Some days I even go for a 3rd pump.

I remember when I first started following the regimen I didnt think that I would ever be able to get two pumps to absorb but the above method helped a lot.

Good luck!