Scrubs & The Regime...

Notifications
Clear all

Scrubs & The Regimen?

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 12/14/2012 9:34 pm

Hey. So if you've been following my posts for awhile you'd know that I struggle with acne and flaky skin. I've been on the regimen for 8 months now, and it's really the only thing that's gotten my acne under control. Dryness however has ALWAYS been a problem since starting the regimen. Nothing has really cured the flaky skin yet.

I have a question about scrubs... Since I have a lot of dead skin cells, is it okay to exfoliate every week or so? I have relatively sensitive skin, so I don't want to use anything to harsh, I'm very cautious when it comes to foreign products on my face. I just want to know your guys' opinion. I use benzoyl peroxide... I really want to know if this is okay, I don't want to get hurt by a scrub. I know they're harsh and all, but I've heard they make your skin really smooth and fresh feeling, which so far, a product has ceased to do. I'm thinking about St. Ives... Thoughts? Experiences? Please let me know.

MemberMember
(@aubreyj1722)

Posted : 01/02/2013 2:47 pm

Hi. I've been wondering the same thing. I love to exfoliate, but haven't since I started the regimen (4weeks ago). I think that since you've been on the regimen for 8 months (kudos btw) it will be ok to do a light exfoliation. Now I'm no expert but I personally think it couldn't hurt every few weeks. Just try a real light exfoliant. St Ive's is really rough. Try just a baking soda mask. Mix water and baking soda into a paste and scrub! Let me know how it goes :)