Tan/Red face on the...

Notifications
Clear all

Tan/Red face on the regimen

MemberMember
(@kbeats)

Posted : 11/28/2010 5:45 pm

I have read about this on other posts, but have never seen a solid answer.

I follow the regimen pretty well, I use everything at night and some night i replace the moisturizer with AHA or use the AHA as a spot treatment and moisturize after.

In the morning i use a good amount of BP, and one pump of moisturizer, as anymore seems like a TON on my face.

My friends have all been asking if I have been going tanning/ comment on my face looks a little red. My face looks way darker than my neck and this is really embarrassing.

Could it be the moisturizer, the AHA, the BP.

I do not know what to try as my results have been good and I do not want to break out, but I want to get rid of this fake tan look.

I do not use SPF in any products, and I am not outside a lot these days as it is cold. I will get a new moisturizer with SPF soon if I can not find a solution.

I also have never used jojoba oil, could this help? My skin feels a little dry during the day, but never looks dry or bothers me really.

Any suggestions?

MemberMember
(@lestooge)

Posted : 11/28/2010 6:06 pm

Have you tried using less benzoyl peroxide?

I have the same problem and i am thinking of going on jojoba oil.

my friend kept asking "where did you go on holiday?"... "somewhere sunny?"

i know it can be a pain ;)

MemberMember
(@hamleys)

Posted : 11/28/2010 7:38 pm

I have the same problem. Jojoba doesn't seem to help with it, but it will almost definitely help with dryness during the day.

Weirdly the front of my neck where I put moisturiser (often gets dry after shaving) is also slightly tanned looking, but I never put BP here, unless its just spreading a little there when I put the moisuriser on. In a way its good because I don't have a drastically paler neck than my face. But instead there's a line around the lower part of my neck =[.

Fortunately so far only my mum has commented on it, but I'd start getting really conscious of it if it got much worse.

MemberMember
(@phillipj)

Posted : 11/28/2010 7:58 pm

How long do you wait before you apply moisturier? After you wash your face and pat dry you should always wait AT LEAST 15-20 minutes before applying moisturizer, I had the same problem and I've been using BP for years. That trick does it for me.

MemberMember
(@kbeats)

Posted : 11/28/2010 8:43 pm

How long do you wait before you apply moisturier? After you wash your face and pat dry you should always wait AT LEAST 15-20 minutes before applying moisturizer, I had the same problem and I've been using BP for years. That trick does it for me.

In the morning I cleanse my face, wait 10 minutes then put BP on, then wait around 10 minutes and moisturize

MemberMember
(@kbeats)

Posted : 11/28/2010 8:44 pm

I have the same problem. Jojoba doesn't seem to help with it, but it will almost definitely help with dryness during the day.

Weirdly the front of my neck where I put moisturiser (often gets dry after shaving) is also slightly tanned looking, but I never put BP here, unless its just spreading a little there when I put the moisuriser on. In a way its good because I don't have a drastically paler neck than my face. But instead there's a line around the lower part of my neck =[.

Fortunately so far only my mum has commented on it, but I'd start getting really conscious of it if it got much worse.

Weird..maybe I will try a lot of AHA tonight all over my face to see if it can exfoliate my skin well, and in the morning use a little BP and a little moisturizer only in sports that are usually dry, and see if i notice any difference.

MemberMember
(@ryan-c)

Posted : 11/28/2010 10:10 pm

I have read about this on other posts, but have never seen a solid answer.

I follow the regimen pretty well, I use everything at night and some night i replace the moisturizer with AHA or use the AHA as a spot treatment and moisturize after.

In the morning i use a good amount of BP, and one pump of moisturizer, as anymore seems like a TON on my face.

My friends have all been asking if I have been going tanning/ comment on my face looks a little red. My face looks way darker than my neck and this is really embarrassing.

Could it be the moisturizer, the AHA, the BP.

I do not know what to try as my results have been good and I do not want to break out, but I want to get rid of this fake tan look.

I do not use SPF in any products, and I am not outside a lot these days as it is cold. I will get a new moisturizer with SPF soon if I can not find a solution.

I also have never used jojoba oil, could this help? My skin feels a little dry during the day, but never looks dry or bothers me really.

Any suggestions?

I was on the Regimen for 6 weeks. I had the same problem. The dryness was too much for me so I decided to quit (it has been about 5 days) until my skin returned to normal. I am evidence that the tanning is caused by the irritation of dry and dead skin. Well it has returned to normal, and now I'm starting again... really slowly. I honestly think that in order to keep some control over your dry skin you need to start very slowly. When I mean very slowly, I mean only increasing the dosage after you feel dry and then the dryness fades away after time. I think your best bet is to decrease and/or discontinue the use of BP. Wait until you see a difference in your skin, and then start increasing the dosage. If you don't, more than likely you will end up like a lot of people on the Regimen and have the dry skin issue until month 3-6. Starting off on the right foot can definitely help the situation. I also think a big reason a lot of people break out into the third and fourth months of the Regimen is because of the irritation of dry skin. Call me crazy, but when the irritation went away I began to break out lightly. However, the lesions I did get did not inflame nearly as bad as they did when I was on the Regimen. I did not breakout much worse than I did when I was on the Regimen, either. Weird huh? The last 6 weeks kind of seem like a waste, but I guess it is just a learning experience. Anyway, there is my two cents.

Best of luck

MemberMember
(@yellowcopy)

Posted : 07/27/2017 3:16 pm

same! something that helped the fake tan look is using a clear cetaphil moisturizer in the mornings. I realized that the acne.org moisturizer is yellowish and gives you the fake tan look. However, my face is still a little pink/red so I'm thinking i have to use a little less BP in the morning and more at just night. Im making sure the AHA is not burning my face at night or else i will wake up really red. So I'm incorporating AHA into my moistriuizer little by little and trying to find a balance with BP and AHA to where my face isn't red anymore