Notifications
Clear all

Tanning on the DKR

MemberMember
(@lk2507)

Posted : 02/17/2007 10:59 am

Ok so I know that BP makes your skin more sensitive to sun while on your face or wherever. Is that ALL it does? Just makes you a bit more prone to burn? I know that through the years and other times I was using BP (and 10% I believe) I never followed this advice and never burned or anything. I was a kid then and now I care more about taking care of my skin. I just want to know how bad it is to just go through a week or so of tanning to build a tan with it on your face. I could always wash it off to tan if I have too.

My wedding is coming up and I simply MUST get some color. These are the ONLY times I tan in tanning beds (for special events or to get some color for summer) which isnt too often.

The other alternative is sunless Tanning. Anyone know a brand that absolutely will NOT break you out. I have some clinique stuff from a couple summers ago but man the face lotion has such a strong fragrance.

MemberMember
(@hopeful26)

Posted : 01/14/2013 10:57 am

I'm wondering the same thing as I also have a wedding coming up. I have Clarins sunless tanner, and while its ok, it's still not as natural as a real tan, of course. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 01/14/2013 11:10 am

Honestly, I didn't have a problem tanning using DKR but I did break out from tanning... Yes, you will have a nice, beautiful tan, for about a week, then you more than likely will suffer an annoying breakout for two weeks after you tanned... You have to weight the pros with the cons... My suggestion is that if you insist on tanning, be sure to apply SPF religiously, cover your face with a hat, and please please please use an umbrella... BP does make you more sensitive to getting sunburns, just like AHA... Besides that, try to avoid sun exposure as much as possible... Good luck.. :)

MemberMember
(@hopeful26)

Posted : 01/14/2013 1:14 pm

Thank you! I'm thinking Ill try a sunless tanning cream "trial" a couple months before the wedding and see how that goes. If it sucks, I may try a bit of tanning. I havent broken out from tanning in the past, so it might be worth a shot. I also saw a suggestion from someone else to try tanning, but cover your face with a towel ( so that it only hits your body). Then, use tanning lotion on the face to try and match it. That's not a bad idea. I'm also thinking that since ill be getting makeup done on the big day, theoretically my makeup artist should have a problem matching my face complexion to the rest of by body :)