Notifications
Clear all

Redness From Glycolic Acid

MemberMember
(@pards)

Posted : 08/06/2015 12:22 pm

Hi Everyone, I need some advice on how to move forward in my acne treatment with glycolic acid. My face seems to get very red when I apply it and I always appear sunburned. My mom even asked why I looked so sunburned the other day and I lied about being out in the sun too long. I feel that the 2 full pumps of BP accompanied with the Glycolic acid is overwhelming my skin. I got the acid to help with flakiness but even after a month of nightly use, it doesn't seem to have made a difference. I've been mixing it with the moisturizer each night like Dan recommended. I want to cut back on it to help with the redness. Should I use it every other day or maybe every three days to alleviate the redness I'm getting? Does the redness subside over time? I need advice.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 08/06/2015 1:08 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend doing a 50/50 mix to start, I would work up to that, especially if your skin is reacting badly. I would try a pea-size amount mixed with 2 full pumps (full finger) of moisturizer. I'd also cut back to every other night for the time being until the redness subsides. Once your skin gets used to AHA+ then you can slowly increase the concentration to suit your skin! :)

MemberMember
(@pards)

Posted : 08/06/2015 1:11 pm

That's exactly what I was thinking! I feel that I need to do a better job of listening to my skin . I'm going to try half a pump instead of a full pump every other night. That would mean half as much AHA and half the applications. That should do something, right!