Notifications
Clear all

Can Acne.org Cleanser Wash Makeup Away?

MemberMember
(@enirak132)

Posted : 04/14/2014 4:42 pm

Hello,

I wear foundation during the day, and I was wondering if Dan's cleanser dissolve makeup?

I know some people suggest to simply not wear makeup, but there's no way I can do that yet. I'm way too self-conscious of my skin.

Anyway, thanks!

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 04/14/2014 9:58 pm

I use it to wash my face even when I have foundation on, and it washes the foundation off for me, no extra rubbing, just the regular ten second gentle washing. It depends on how strong your foundation is. I use either MAC liquid foundation or Garnier BB cream, and it washes both off for me. You have to have a light foundation, and I find that MAC provides a good coverage while still being easy to wash off. I haven't experimented with any other foundations, so I'm not sure which are good. I heard that mineral makeup is quite light and can be washed off easily without clogging your pores.

BTW, you don't have to stay away from makeup, I've been using it for three months while on the Regimen, and I am still clearing up! Makeup doesn't seem to be affecting my acne, so I guess that it is safe to wear, but of course it depends on the foundation and concealers themselves, if they are too greasy and comedogenic, that can definitely break you out, so be careful.

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)
MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/19/2014 7:53 am

I find that it can clean your face pretty good if you are using just like a light tinted moisturizer and powder, but if you have on one of those heavy duty foundations plus total eye make-up on it can be pretty hard. I try to use jojoba oil on a cotton pad first and then follow it up with the cleanser.