Notifications
Clear all

Should I Use Aha?

MemberMember
(@tjames)

Posted : 09/11/2013 7:45 am

OK so where do I start... It's been a while since my last post in these forums because I thought I had my acne under control... Unfortunately I was wrong sad.png

I'm 21 now, of dark complexion from South Asian descent and at the age of 17 I was prescribed Benzoyl Peroxide (PanOxyl 5%) by my GP. This seemed to work, for a long while, until I started getting pimples again. However, this time it wasn't as bad as pre BP, however I would get individual cysts that were massive and would stick out and hurt. I was then put on tetralysal 300 (lymecycline) 1 pill a day for about a year... Which worked wonders for me. I felt as though my acne had totally disappeared... Until it started appearing again. I was off antibacterial pills for about a year but I was still continuing my topical use of BP here and there, not as regularly as before.

I then went to the GP again and was prescribed doxycycline one pill a day to control my moderate acne. I've been on that for about a year now and I notice no difference. Then, the company which used to make the BP had stopped producing it so I've been having to order Dan's BP. Personally, I feel as though it's not as powerful as the 5%, but that's just me. I also use Aspirin masks sometimes to control my cysts... Although recently I find it to be less effective sad.png

So as of 6 months ago, I had made an observation. Obviously being a male... I would get urges *ahem* from time to time smile.png And when I would empty my tank so to speak, the next day I would get loads of pimples. This made me believe it was linked to my masturbation. OK, so easy enough, stop beating the snake. For a long while this did work, my acne had significantly gone down in conjunction with topcial applciation of BP and the consumption of doxycycline. However, the past month, they have reappared again... With a vengeance. As soon as I got 1 massive cyst, I had gotten around 3 smaller pimples, and as soon as the cyst started going down another appeared, and then the next day another cyst.

Today I sit here typing this up with 2 cysts, 3 pimples and 1 cyst which has not fully gone down but isn't as raw as it initally was, it's just purple now. It seems as though I have been through everything and nothing has worked.

However, I have just noticed and read about AHA+. It seems to me that for many it has cleaned up their skin and cleared up acne too. Will this be right for me to use? Will I experience an initial breakout (something I fear since I start class soon)

P.S. forgot to mention I did use a baking soda mask once... Never again! I had terrible reaction to it... My skin went red and blotchy and flaky and it stung like a mofo

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/11/2013 7:28 pm

We kind of started on the same boat. I used BP as a spot treatment before and used the 10%. My skin went crazy. I didn't know how to properly use it, I was over washing my face and it was just bad. After that I had the biggest flare up of cystic acne.

I then moved on to antibiotics like you. Taking it for a good 3 months. It cleared me up really good, but it was only temporary. The acne came back in full force after 9-10 months.

Last January was when I decided to give The Regimen a go. It used BP again, but it was in a completely different way. It was a gentler BP % and it was under the context of being very gentle to your skin and not just drying out the spots. Since you already have Dan's BP, maybe you could give the rest of the regimen a shot? Maybe?

Anyway, the regimen is really what helped my acne out. And then adding the AHA+ just made every thing so much better because my skin texture improved and it also took away the red marks that acne left on my skin.

MemberMember
(@tjames)

Posted : 09/12/2013 7:45 am

We kind of started on the same boat. I used BP as a spot treatment before and used the 10%. My skin went crazy. I didn't know how to properly use it, I was over washing my face and it was just bad. After that I had the biggest flare up of cystic acne.

I then moved on to antibiotics like you. Taking it for a good 3 months. It cleared me up really good, but it was only temporary. The acne came back in full force after 9-10 months.

Last January was when I decided to give The Regimen a go. It used BP again, but it was in a completely different way. It was a gentler BP % and it was under the context of being very gentle to your skin and not just drying out the spots. Since you already have Dan's BP, maybe you could give the rest of the regimen a shot? Maybe?

Anyway, the regimen is really what helped my acne out. And then adding the AHA+ just made every thing so much better because my skin texture improved and it also took away the red marks that acne left on my skin.

Hey thanks for your reply. Just clicked on your link and saw your progress, well done 🙂 Brought a smile to my face

Anyhow my acne isn't really even that bad compared to how yours was, its really mild, I'll only get like 2 cysts appearing once a month maybe, but they'll be gigantic huge red pulsating cysts on my forehead. If I start using AHA+ and I start purging, that would just make things worse, considering how mild my acne already is.

How did you use/apply the AHA?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/12/2013 10:25 am

AHA is great! Great for spot treating acne and also fading any red marks left by acne.

I use the AHA twice a day when I get a spot. I just dab a little all over my red marks and cysts.

TJames liked
MemberMember
(@tjames)

Posted : 09/15/2013 3:04 pm

AHA is great! Great for spot treating acne and also fading any red marks left by acne.

I use the AHA twice a day when I get a spot. I just dab a little all over my red marks and cysts.

So when you used it as a spot treatment, did you see a purge or break out with more spots?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/16/2013 4:40 am

So when you used it as a spot treatment, did you see a purge or break out with more spots?

No breakouts for me. But I am on the regimen and I broke out prett when when I used BP the first few weeks. So maybe I had nothing more to purge when I started using AHA.