Notifications
Clear all

I'd Like To Offer Free Shipping. Kinda Complex. Need Your Input Please.

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 07/13/2013 6:43 am

There have been some big calls in this discussion. There will always be criticisms in running a company, and i believe it is generally healthy in order to find perspective. However considering the basic law of economics, then yes there will be higher demand if the product is cheaper somewhere else, for example on Amazon. However it really disappoints me when people question acne org intentions and cry 'revenue raising' simply because prices increase. Yes, acne org is a business, however despite what people think, i wouldn't imagine it just runs on good ethics, at the end of the day, like every business it needs revenue. Businesses like Amazon create competition and monopolistic techniques by decreasing price, and attractive a broader majority, this is just what happens.

I dont think anyone has the right to question acne org intentions, all business need revenue to stay afloat. Personally I think that some people on this site forget the opportunity costs that acne org has sacrificed in order to provide to the greater good of its users (like no advertising).

At the end of the day, I understand the costs of shipping are high and there are some people who cant afford it, however acne org is not offering just a product but ongoing support and community of people who are working towards a common goal, and at the end of the day responsibility of ethics falls on us all, if costs increase then i think it is our responsibility as users to understand that it is at the least going towards a great cause.

MemberMember
(@manticore)

Posted : 07/15/2013 7:50 am

Haven't you just contradicted yourself?

Not directly or intentionally, lol. You cut out the most important part of my quote! Words like "however", the entire 2nd paragraph, and "with all that said" states that knowing what I know now I would like to purchase directly from the company instead of through Amazon. My first paragraph was intended for the "first glance" GENERAL online shopper simply basing their purchase on price without any kind of bias. I would think most people would naturally go for where the product is listed cheaper, yeah? However, I would just order from the site. Does that make sense?

Ahh right...the first paragraph was a kind of "third person" view, rather than your own.

Sorry for the mix-up.

MemberMember
(@theatrekid)

Posted : 07/15/2013 8:37 am

Dan i think its a good idea, but what about the customers that rely on the auto shipping? The price would remain the same ( the $5 auto shipping) but the product price would increase , if you implement your plan,thus posing a disadvantage to those specific consumers. Its tough, you can't please everybody.

MemberMember
(@sunbeam-the-great)

Posted : 07/15/2013 8:55 am

i hope it's good about free shipping... I absolutely am throwing my money on buying this regimen off this website. I'm breaking-out more, yet I am still using those Proavtice regimen productives. 3-steps one, and they are orange color kind.cleanser, alcoholic acidic renew skin balancer toner thingy, and the benzyle peroxide cream. Top of that moisturizer.

It worked for limited time, but I noticed I am still BREAKING OUT, it's going back to worse again eusa_sick.gifeusa_sick.gifredface.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

A lot of papules and pustule acnes I am often getting. And the rest are just scars, dark spots, and blemishes.... =(

MemberMember
(@juicy-c)

Posted : 08/14/2013 8:01 am

Oh now I understand lol. Sorry I sent an email to you about prices and how can we afford that. But anyway it's only aboug $25 a month anyway cuz a 16 oz bp lasts me 2 months. Sorry :(

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 08/15/2013 1:27 am

Is there an update on this topic? Is it going ahead anytime soon?

MemberMember
(@gfoed020)

Posted : 08/15/2013 11:01 am

What about those of us who only buy the BP?

We're gonna see a 15% increase in prices, yet still have to pay $8 for shipping? My order is never over $40.

MemberMember
(@amyyrose)

Posted : 09/11/2013 11:14 pm

Hi Daniel, I live in Australia and I would absolutely LOVE to buy your products..only the postage for the kit costs $69.30 PLUS $98.59 (shipping and handling) or $47.89 through USPS which is still expensive sad.png I think the real problem is international rates!

I buy a lot of stuff from the U.S and the postage is generally always cheap.. Maybe you are posing through the wrong company? I don't know but it's a rip off :/ I'd pay maybe $20 but yeah even that's steep in my opinion.. Wish I could buy your products I'm sick of these over the counter products sad.png

-Amy

MemberMember
(@bumpseverywhere)

Posted : 12/11/2013 1:11 am

I know and I have said that this is a business, no misunderstanding. But as for being "extremely" dedicated...I have my doubts, seeing how many forums have disappeared, many formerly pinned and useful topics have disappeared, etc. It's a business, I understand, but don't give me this bullcrap.

That's your opinion, but you're dead wrong.

As the webmaster here, I receive emails daily from companies offering ridiculous amounts of money to advertise on acne.org but Dan will not accept advertising. We've just finished working on a new feature in the reviews section, that suggests places to buy the product. The API's we used are setup so that we'd earn commission from the clicks, but Dan was head strong that he didn't want to profit from the links and so all affiliate ID's were removed.

Dan's ethics are incredible.

Here is what I do not understand from this: The point to this post from Dan is that he wants to essentially get the product to us cheaper and he is currently offering it the cheapest that he possibly can, to quote "I figured I would charge as little as I could for the products themselves and then charge exactly what I pay for shipping & handling to the penny. This is what we've always done."

Now you say that you receive daily emails for advertising that offers "ridiculous amounts of money".

My question here is why don't you accept some advertising acne related or not, and use that money to make the product cheaper. If anything use it towards free shipping while keeping the prices the same?

The whole point is to get the product to us cheaper and this is clearly a way to do so. I understand Dan does not want this but it would essentially help all of us, so why not? Respect to Dan for his ethics. Also not trying to badger just interested in the theory behind that.

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 12/11/2013 3:46 am

As an acne sufferer, I can safely say that 99% of the products/treatments/ebooks out there are rubbish or even scams. How could Dan possibly allow advertising of a product that is almost surely going to be a scam? I wouldn't be comfortable with it at all.

Example email is from somebody who's written an ebook to cure acne, offering $50,000 to advertise on Acne.org for a month.

While this may then allow Dan to lower the price of the product, it would result in thousands of kids being exposed to this scam as a result. At least when people post this rubbish on the forum, our awesome members quickly call them out for what they are.

What is a scam and what is not, is open to interpretation of course, so it's best to just accept zero advertising. None acne related companies have no interest in advertising here and have no relevance or value to our users.

Finally, the products ARE insane value for money and while selling our soul to the devil might allow us to lower then further, it's just not worth the trade off.

MemberMember
(@bumpseverywhere)

Posted : 12/11/2013 1:28 pm

As an acne sufferer, I can safely say that 99% of the products/treatments/ebooks out there are rubbish or even scams. How could Dan possibly allow advertising of a product that is almost surely going to be a scam? I wouldn't be comfortable with it at all.

Example email is from somebody who's written an ebook to cure acne, offering $50,000 to advertise on Acne.org for a month.

While this may then allow Dan to lower the price of the product, it would result in thousands of kids being exposed to this scam as a result. At least when people post this rubbish on the forum, our awesome members quickly call them out for what they are.

What is a scam and what is not, is open to interpretation of course, so it's best to just accept zero advertising. None acne related companies have no interest in advertising here and have no relevance or value to our users.

Finally, the products ARE insane value for money and while selling our soul to the devil might allow us to lower then further, it's just not worth the trade off.

"None acne related companies have no interest in advertising here and have no relevance or value to our users."

That is where I disagree, any site that has people viewing it has the potential for advertisement. Just this moment there are nearly 3000 members online not counting non members. It also would have value to our users, it could potentially make the product cheaper.

These products are great, i am a user of these products and will continue to do so. What you have done so far with the company has been great I 100% agree.

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 12/11/2013 1:35 pm

For advertising to be beneficial, you either use an automated service like Adwords, which will spit out Acne related ads for rubbish that doesn't work. Or to manually manage ads, we would need a sales rep to make it worthwhile. And even then, I am not convinced that adverts unrelated to acne, are of benefit to our visitors. Or that the advertisers would see a good return on their investment. Plus their are also implications with the search engines.

For what its worth, I like that you're suggesting ways to make the products cheaper.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/14/2013 8:47 am

Did you implement your ideas? If so, how do I get the 20% off my international order? I see prices have been raised and US orders over $40 are free now, but I don't see any discount on my international order :(

MemberMember
(@ms8thwonder)

Posted : 12/22/2013 8:20 am

I agree with accepting a few ads and lowering the prices for customers.

Although you do seem strongly against it, I just thought I'd put in my opinion as well and agree to the suggestion made.

I do buy the BP and AHA. They aren't too bad sold seperately but for those who buy the kits or larger OZ's it quite expensive. Especially for young college males/females who don't really have a lot of money and are just starting out.

And for what it's worth, I never pay any attention to advertisements on any sites I regularly visit. I've never once saw an advertisement and clicked on it. I see it as just spam. I'm sure a lot of people do too.

This kinda reminds me of Youtubers. I, like many other people, will run into a Youtuber that makes fantastic videos, subscribe then eventually somewhere down the line notice ads before the video starts playing. It's definitely a DRAG especially if it doesn't have a 'Skip Ad Button' but I know as well as the other subcribers do, that those ads help pay these Youtubers to invest more time into their videos. Therefore I get to see more of them and whatever it is that they do or show.

People would definitely appreciate the cheaper prices with ads in comparison to higher prices and no ads.

In all, what it seems to come down to is the foundation & beliefs that this site was built on and not wanting to change that. Which is great too, I can appreciate a solid stand by what they say company. :)

Again however just giving you some feedback as an active customer and acne.org member. :)

MemberMember
(@siphon123)

Posted : 01/12/2014 3:15 am

If the total cost of an order is cheaper doing it the way you're suggesting, then it's a great idea. Cheap and "free" shipping, for me, makes it much easier to click the "place order" button on shopping sites.