Notifications
Clear all

Don't Know What To Use

MemberMember
(@doublenns)

Posted : 06/02/2013 1:27 am

I used the Regime religiously about 4 years ago. I've always had moderate acne, and decided to give the acne.org products a try. I've never had cleared skin. I used to brag about how I had model clear skin.

After that, however, the products changed formulas. The BP got more watery - the old one was more of a paste. The new one runs. The lotion is completely different - the color isn't even the same.

Ever since that change, using the regime seems to clear up my whole face except for my cheeks. They get very bad, red acne, which eventually turns very dark. A friend of mine once asked me "Who punched you? Who do we need to fight today?" He didn't believe me when I told him it was just my acne, especially since I usually had fairly clear skin before.

The acne on my cheeks seem to possibly be some type of chemical burn?

I want to get back to the clear skin I used to have the first time I tried the regime years ago, but it's hard to figure out how. I'm not too sure which part of the new regime doesn't agree w/ my skin or if it's a combo. Nor am I sure what to try instead.

I know this is an extremely broad post w/ very little information given. But could someone at least steer me in a direction to start looking?

If you need any further info to advise me, I'll answer any questions.

MemberMember
(@ghost08)

Posted : 06/03/2013 12:28 pm

Acne on your cheeks can sometimes mean it's hormonal.

If it looks like bruising, that's something I can't really help with. My sister had that problem but it was because she was constantly trying to pinch them which you should not do.

Have you tried icing it to see if the color subsided?

MemberMember
(@doublenns)

Posted : 06/05/2013 10:51 pm

No, I haven't. I'll try that.

I'm still in search of a good regime to use. At the moment I'm not too sure if I want to stick w/ bp or go another route. I think I want to drop the lotion altogether and will look for something closer along the lines to the old formula (white acne.org lotion). Then even tho I love the cleanser, I might look for something more locally available.

The only problem is w/ all the different options available out there, I'm not too sure where to start making any decisions.

MemberMember
(@ghost08)

Posted : 06/05/2013 10:53 pm

No, I haven't. I'll try that.

I'm still in search of a good regime to use. At the moment I'm not too sure if I want to stick w/ bp or go another route. I think I want to drop the lotion altogether and will look for something closer along the lines to the old formula (white acne.org lotion). Then even tho I love the cleanser, I might look for something more locally available.

The only problem is w/ all the different options available out there, I'm not too sure where to start making any decisions.

I used to use Dan's BP and AHA lotion, but eventually developed an allergic reaction to it :(

My current routine however is working wonders and I definitely give credit to my supplements I have been taking.

MemberMember
(@doublenns)

Posted : 06/05/2013 11:06 pm

I might try out your regime to see if it works for me.

I used to like cetaphil whenever I ran out of Dan's cleaner. But the fact that it doesn't foam at all got to me for some reason.

Just curious - why the Cetaphil Bar as opposed to the liquid? And if it was the BP/AHA to give you adverse reactions, why avoid his cleanser/lotion too? Any specific reasons?

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 06/06/2013 8:38 am

Hello there.. have you contacted the Dan or the company to ask about formulation changes? Try contacting us, perhaps we can help you out. http://www.acne.org/contact-us.html

MemberMember
(@ghost08)

Posted : 06/06/2013 1:12 pm

I might try out your regime to see if it works for me.

I used to like cetaphil whenever I ran out of Dan's cleaner. But the fact that it doesn't foam at all got to me for some reason.

Just curious - why the Cetaphil Bar as opposed to the liquid? And if it was the BP/AHA to give you adverse reactions, why avoid his cleanser/lotion too? Any specific reasons?

I was perfectly happy with my cleanser, so I did not feel the need to use his, same with my lotion.

I use the bar because it's an antibacterial cleanser, whereas the liquid is not. It's also cheaper, which is always a plus in my book when it comes to skincare.

MemberMember
(@solveanceforever)

Posted : 06/06/2013 3:37 pm

"why the Cetaphil Bar as opposed to the liquid?"

people, fake or real, are giving a lot of misinformation. cleanser are generally gentler. acne.org's line also has a cleanser instead of a bar. you can see

there's no reason to be using a bar.

and if it was the BP/AHA to give you adverse reactions, why avoid his cleanser/lotion too?

if you're talking about acne.org's products, there's no reason to be avoiding it. who is giving that misinformation. you said that you used it 4 years ago and it didnt work. you probably didnt use it long-term or follow instructions clearly

MemberMember
(@ghost08)

Posted : 06/06/2013 10:28 pm

"why the Cetaphil Bar as opposed to the liquid?"

people, fake or real, are giving a lot of misinformation. cleanser are generally gentler. acne.org's line also has a cleanser instead of a bar. you can see http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/328349-curing-ance-personal-research/

there's no reason to be using a bar.

and if it was the BP/AHA to give you adverse reactions, why avoid his cleanser/lotion too?

if you're talking about acne.org's products, there's no reason to be avoiding it. who is giving that misinformation. you said that you used it 4 years ago and it didnt work. you probably didnt use it long-term or follow instructions clearly

I have no idea what you're trying to say, but it's completely up to the individual if they want to use a bar soap or not. It doesn't matter.

I had an ALLERGY to Dan's products. I'd say that's a damn good reason to avoid it. It worked amazing for me UNTIL I developed an allergy to it.

MemberMember
(@solveanceforever)

Posted : 06/06/2013 10:39 pm

"I had an ALLERGY" -- one of a few, i care about the majority

"up to the individual" -- and for the OP, that person is right that it doesnt matter much, but generally cleansers are gentler, so it matters enough, use a cleanser from any good company. and it's not your choice (that is a silly idea to proportionate letting people choose) -- look at what people choose -- fast food junk and tons of trash -- don't think you're able to choose optimally (this is why you asked on a forum)

you should be making the best choice, and you should be telling everyone else to not use soap =)

unless ofc in the very very rare case someone is special and has an 'allergy'

MemberMember
(@ghost08)

Posted : 06/06/2013 10:45 pm

"I had an ALLERGY" -- one of a few, i care about the majority

"up to the individual" -- and for the OP, that person is right that it doesnt matter much, but generally cleansers are gentler, so it matters enough, use a cleanser from any good company. and it's not your choice (that is a silly idea to let people choose) -- look at what people choose fast food junk and tons of trash

you should be making the best choice, and you should be telling everyone else to not use soap =)

unless ofc in the very rare case someone has an 'allergy'

Whether or not I HAVE an allergy, it doesn't matter. I didn't tell them not to use it. I fully endorse it.

Secondly, Cetaphil bar is a cleanser. I called it a soap. Big freaking whoop. I refer to anything that CLEANS as soap. No, I would not recommend using a body soap on your face.

MemberMember
(@solveanceforever)

Posted : 06/07/2013 12:03 am

yes you are right, i am endorsing against it, and ppl should speak with technical precision as to not cause confusion though this is a public forum.. and i guess a few of us will never be satisfy with that benchmark :/ i made a personal rule of one reply per thread as i do not know what naughty things i'll say in the future...............................

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 06/10/2013 12:40 am

Oh my...

Solveacneforever you need to just stop posting as you're not giving any helpful information that I can see. You're not as observant and educated with acne products as you think. Any member or veteran member would of known what Ghost08 meant by cetaphil bar soap. If she recommended that bar to anyone, they would go to the store and pick up the bar form of cataphil. In the end they would end up with the same bar of cleanser as the one Ghost08 is having success with. No need for argument. You clearly misunderstood and should own up to it.

In the future read more carefully. If you don't know about the product or whatever is being discussed its best to just read and educate yourself before spouting your opinion.

You just got here and you're already rubbing people the wrong way. Not a good start.

People, members of acne.org please take what solveacneforever says very lightly.

MemberMember
(@ghost08)

Posted : 06/13/2013 11:06 am

Oh my...

Solveacneforever you need to just stop posting as you're not giving any helpful information that I can see. You're not as observant and educated with acne products as you think. Any member or veteran member would of known what Ghost08 meant by cetaphil bar soap. If she recommended that bar to anyone, they would go to the store and pick up the bar form of cataphil. In the end they would end up with the same bar of cleanser as the one Ghost08 is having success with. No need for argument. You clearly misunderstood and should own up to it.

In the future read more carefully. If you don't know about the product or whatever is being discussed its best to just read and educate yourself before spouting your opinion.

You just got here and you're already rubbing people the wrong way. Not a good start.

People, members of acne.org please take what solveacneforever says very lightly.

Thank ya