Notifications
Clear all

Gator Skin!

MemberMember
(@ladypeace)

Posted : 08/06/2012 5:53 pm

Since starting the regimen, using acne.org products, I have noticed a dramatic improvement in my skin. A LOT BETTER, which is a miracle. However, I am noticing my skin looks like a leather bag or that of a gator ( or somme other type of rough skinned reptile) Im noticing ugly scars too and Im concerned that this could be from the harshness of bp? I kno that flakes are a part of the process but I figured my skin would adjust by now! ALSO what about the scars? What can I do to avoid them? They are like littlle dents, nothing major or huge, but still ugly. And I still have all these red marks. Like I said, I've seen a lot of improvement I just need hope that my skin will CONTINUE to improve, its not quite where I want it to be just yet. I guess I cant ask for perfect skin, but it doesn't hurt to try. I am wonder if there is any way to exfoliate in a gentle manner, avoiding scrubbing that would cause for irritation. Just help! Thanks

it

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 08/06/2012 6:06 pm

Your acne will get better, but if you're one of the people that suffer a change of texture (like you and I) from BP, you may want to reconsider prolonged use. BP does hyperpigmentation no favours, so it'd be best to rid yourself of acne first, before you work on the red marks.

MemberMember
(@dantheman1014)

Posted : 08/14/2012 6:48 pm

For me I simply stopped putting so much BP on. My skin was still getting the benefits of the treatment and my face wasn't so dry!

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 08/15/2013 8:13 pm

Since starting the regimen, using acne.org products, I have noticed a dramatic improvement in my skin. A LOT BETTER, which is a miracle. However, I am noticing my skin looks like a leather bag or that of a gator ( or somme other type of rough skinned reptile) Im noticing ugly scars too and Im concerned that this could be from the harshness of bp? I kno that flakes are a part of the process but I figured my skin would adjust by now! ALSO what about the scars? What can I do to avoid them? They are like littlle dents, nothing major or huge, but still ugly. And I still have all these red marks. Like I said, I've seen a lot of improvement I just need hope that my skin will CONTINUE to improve, its not quite where I want it to be just yet. I guess I cant ask for perfect skin, but it doesn't hurt to try. I am wonder if there is any way to exfoliate in a gentle manner, avoiding scrubbing that would cause for irritation. Just help! Thanks

it

This happened to me since I started the regimen ..& lately I've stopped putting bp in those areas with the brown patches. I've been using more moisturizer and jojoba oil on my entire face paying attention to the horrible brown patches. So far I can say for sure its definitely helping. My brown patches r getting softer and flaking off very easily :) u should try this if u wana. Good luck :)

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 08/15/2013 8:41 pm

it

I suggest giving AHA a try when your skin is already used to the BP. It is a chemical exfoliant which helps so much with flaking skin and red marks left by acne. I use my AHA as a spot treatment before I apply my BP and it has really made my red marks disappear much faster. It is also a really good spot treatment when you get a spot from time to time.

MemberMember
(@newtoacne)

Posted : 08/15/2013 10:47 pm

This happened to me to but what I do now is I just do the regimen at night and in the morning I dont do anything because my face already feels moisturized. When I used to do it twice my face was always so dry now it's hardly ever dry and my skin doesn't look so rough anymore but I still have dents and marks.

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 08/15/2013 11:41 pm

it

I suggest giving AHA a try when your skin is already used to the BP. It is a chemical exfoliant which helps so much with flaking skin and red marks left by acne. I use my AHA as a spot treatment before I apply my BP and it has really made my red marks disappear much faster. It is also a really good spot treatment when you get a spot from time to time.

Did u start spot treatment right away after getting ur aha? Or did u let ur face get use to it by using 1/2 moisturizer 1/2 aha

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 08/16/2013 1:09 am

it

Did u start spot treatment right away after getting ur aha? Or did u let ur face get use to it by using 1/2 moisturizer 1/2 aha

I don't use Dan's AHA so the one I use that I buy locally could be different. I never experienced any stinging with it unlike some people have mentioned about Dan's AHA. But I did start of using the 1/2 and 1/2 method for a couple of weeks everyday before I started spot treating.

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 08/16/2013 1:37 pm

it

I don't use Dan's AHA so the one I use that I buy locally could be different. I never experienced any stinging with it unlike some people have mentioned about Dan's AHA. But I did start of using the 1/2 and 1/2 method for a couple of weeks everyday before I started spot treating.

Oh ok I see ..I'll do that also . Thanks :)