Notifications
Clear all

Aha For Facial Acne?

MemberMember
(@flyboy)

Posted : 07/18/2012 7:49 pm

Just wondering why AHA is never suggested for treating facial acne. Aha has 100% cleared my chest, back, and neck acne without any side effects. Why shouldn't it do the same for my face?

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 07/23/2012 12:21 am

Flyboy, I've asked this question to myself heaps of times. AHA has cleared my chest (which to be honest wasnt all that bad to begin with), but when I experimented with AHA on my face without using BP, i started to break out within a week. Bummer!

But I definitely use AHA+ on my face on nights that I get home late and I'm too tired (or ahem, too drunk) to apply the full regimen. But I'm careful not to let this happen for more than one night. The next evening I'm back to applying the full regimen....I've learnt the hard way to not get too slack with BP.

MemberMember
(@rush25)

Posted : 07/23/2012 3:07 pm

Some people do get clear just using AHA; it really just depends on the person. You just have to find what works for you.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 07/23/2012 10:06 pm

Hey Rush, you've seriously known people who have got clear just using AHA+? Arrgghh, i'm so jealous. How quick and easy would that be each evening just slapping on a bit of AHA and being rewarded with clear glowing skin...... Maybe I should give it another shot.....

MemberMember
(@rush25)

Posted : 07/26/2012 12:14 am

Hey Rush, you've seriously known people who have got clear just using AHA+? Arrgghh, i'm so jealous. How quick and easy would that be each evening just slapping on a bit of AHA and being rewarded with clear glowing skin...... Maybe I should give it another shot.....

Yep, I know of a few people who use AHA+ to treat their acne - specifically they use Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion. Sometimes (okay, a lot of the time) I feel so unmotivated to apply BP at night and just go straight for the AHA+, and I've had no negative effects from such laziness. I still use BP every morning though.

MemberMember
(@flyboy)

Posted : 07/26/2012 1:08 am

That is the exact brand that I use. I am seriously considering trying this. It hust stings so bad, though. I am not sure I could stand it.

MemberMember
(@freeoneday)

Posted : 07/27/2012 4:34 am

Hey guys, I'm Currently using dans aha+ to clear my face and the hyper pigmentation that comes with it! I can honestly say after the stinging and the initial purging (which explains why some of u say u broke out straight after using aha on it's own) my face is pretty much clear now and my marks are slowly fading but I've only been using it for just over 2 weeks. The first week and a half when I broke out more I wanted to give up but honestly this stuff is amazing I don't know why they don't recommend aha's for facial acne!!! I haven't woken up with a spot after the initial purging in nearly a week and that's a big thing for me!!!!

MemberMember
(@lovebug77)

Posted : 08/21/2012 12:58 am

Does anyone know the effect of AHA with cystic acne? I haven't heard any specifics on this...

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 08/22/2012 7:04 pm

Hey guys... I cosign with ayeaye... when I tried to just cleanse and apply aha,I began to break out with clogged pores and tiny white heads... I realized my skin just needs stronger exfoliation, so I tend to need bp to keep clear... I'm trying to incorporate aha into my regimen slowly... I'd like to know how well it works for you... keep us up to date on your progress... :)

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 08/23/2012 2:23 pm

Most of the time facial acne just responds better to benzoyl peroxide. Dan suggests The Regimen for treating face acne. AHA can be added in as an optional product, but most people will need the bp to get clear.

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 08/23/2012 2:30 pm

I love glycolic too. Although I've outgrown my acne for the most part, Dan's AHA was breaking me out minorly. I figured it was my skin getting used to it too and liked how soft my skin was, so I kept using it. But then after I stopped using the AHA and switched to Lumiplexion's AHA those breakouts stopped. I was just comparing ingredients, and these are two totally different formulations. Dan's is creamy-colored and runny. There are 20 ingredients in his formula. Lumiplexion's is a concentrated clear gel. You pump not even a pea size for use. There are 12 ingredients. I never had any "purging" or breakout. I used 10% and now am using 12%. I am very happy with the way it improves the texture of my skin.

I would suggest using Dan's for body acne because Lumiplexion's is 2 oz for $17. It's not economical for large body parts. However, for your face that bottle will last 3-4 months if you use two small pumps (which like i said is less than pea sized). It's plenty for the face. I probably used 6-7x that amount with Dan's.

MemberMember
(@supportsl)

Posted : 08/23/2012 4:38 pm

Glycolic is an AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid). It is sometimes used to treat acne, however it's Salicylic, which is a BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acid), is more well known for treating acne. Hope this is helpful.

MemberMember
(@rush25)

Posted : 08/23/2012 5:38 pm

That is the exact brand that I use. I am seriously considering trying this. It hust stings so bad, though. I am not sure I could stand it.

Have you tried Dan's AHA+? Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion irritated my skin so badly - lots of burning and stinging, very flushed and red - and it did not go away over time. I switched to Dan's AHA+ and I have absolutely no irritation with it.

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 08/23/2012 6:41 pm

AHA can definitely be used on the face, Dan even said he uses it as a spot treatment a couple times a week.

It's a little too strong to be applied on a daily basis but hey give it a shot, you never know what might work for you.

Have you tried Dan's AHA+? Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion irritated my skin so badly - lots of burning and stinging, very flushed and red - and it did not go away over time. I switched to Dan's AHA+ and I have absolutely no irritation with it.

Yeah Dan's is the bomb.

MemberMember
(@rush25)

Posted : 08/23/2012 7:33 pm

I use a generous amount of Dan's AHA+ every night before bed. It's definitely not too strong for many of us to use every day.

MemberMember
(@johnny199r)

Posted : 10/03/2012 11:34 pm

Dan's AHA+ broke my forehead out in a way I'd never seen before when I tried using it for 2-3 weeks.

AHA+ worked wonders for clearing up my back but when I tried it on my forehead (to test it out) my frehead went nuts with acne that took 2 months to clear up. I don't understand it.