Notifications
Clear all

Soya Milk

MemberMember
(@mx123)

Posted : 06/04/2006 10:14 am

I know milk is bad for acne because of all the hormones, iodine and all that.. Is soya milk alright though?

MemberMember
(@el-guapo)

Posted : 06/04/2006 4:44 pm

It should be but I think you should drink water instead.

MemberMember
(@r-s)

Posted : 06/04/2006 5:52 pm

Rice milk or almond milk is where it's at. Some people (like me) have allergies to tree nuts, though, so rice milk is the best choice.

But honestly unless you need something to put in your cereal, what reason is there for milk?

MemberMember
(@femina-mala-est)

Posted : 06/04/2006 6:07 pm

Well, actually cereal is the only reason I drink milk at all, usually soy milk since I can't take the lactose. I put it in my hot cereal to thin and cool it.

MemberMember
(@mx123)

Posted : 06/05/2006 5:20 am

But honestly unless you need something to put in your cereal, what reason is there for milk?

I only have it on my cereal 🙂

Thanks for the replies everyone

MemberMember
(@ellielucy)

Posted : 07/08/2014 4:04 am

In my opinion Soy Milk is a MASSIVE no, no...

About a month ago I was diagnosed with gluten and dairy intolerance and I missed my yogurts so much that I decided to start drinking soy milk and buying soy yoghurt.

Worst decision of my life!

Within a week of eating them I broke out all over my jaw line and cheeks, I was itching and my face was red and prickly - it was horrific.

It was either the oestrogen in the soy or I'm allergic to it. Either way, I'm not going back to eating that processed stuff ever again.

My skin is getting better already, but I would warn all acne sufferers (especially females with hormonal imbalances), not to have it and to try another alternative.

Almond milk all the way for me!