Notifications
Clear all

Diet and Testosterone levels

MemberMember
(@tepl0)

Posted : 06/07/2006 3:55 pm

apparently a low-fat diet will decrease testosterone levels -> less acne

what about sugar and carbs? is there evidence that carbs increase testosterone levels?

I don't know about the other men on here, but my sex drive is crazy high. If I could get sex whenever I wanted, I'd be doing it every 3 hours or so, every day.

I gotta lower the damn testosterone I think..

Ok, I'm answering my own question :)

Licorice root lowers testosterone

MemberMember
(@tepl0)

Posted : 06/07/2006 4:38 pm

ok, more stuff:

apparently too much sex/masturbation will INCREASE testosterone, so as crazy as this is, perhaps stopping masturbation will make my testosterone levels normal.

also, alcohol and drugs lower testosterone :D

http://www.healthystrokes.com/questionsp.html

MemberMember
(@whitershadeofpale)

Posted : 06/07/2006 5:16 pm

what about sugar and carbs? is there evidence that carbs increase testosterone levels?

I don't know about the other men on here, but my sex drive is crazy high. If I could get sex whenever I wanted, I'd be doing it every 3 hours or so, every day.

I have heard that Licorice root is very helpful for acne! I just bought some licorice root tea!

MemberMember
(@luckyman)

Posted : 06/07/2006 5:34 pm

I have heard that Licorice root is very helpful for acne! I just bought some licorice root tea!

BookOfDays i'd be interested in knowing how that works out for you, if your willing to share.

MemberMember
(@tepl0)

Posted : 06/07/2006 6:36 pm

http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/incledon/diet-01.htm

http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/incledon/diet02.htm

so it looks like a low fat, low carb, high protein diet = less testosterone -> less acne

MemberMember
(@whitershadeofpale)

Posted : 06/07/2006 6:47 pm

BookOfDays i'd be interested in knowing how that works out for you, if your willing to share.

Yes, I will let you know. The past week I have been drinking organic DETOX tea, and for some odd reason, I am breaking out horribly on my forhead?? The rest of my face is clear, but my forhead looks like ass!!

I will start drinking the Licorice tea and let you all know how it goes!

MemberMember
(@tepl0)

Posted : 06/07/2006 6:55 pm

to lower testosterone levels, do the opposite of this: http://www.timinvermont.com/fitness/boosttes.htm

I've long been suspecting that nuts and oil cause acne, and apparently this is true, because fats make testosterone higher.

MemberMember
(@legend)

Posted : 06/07/2006 7:15 pm

I don't think it's this simple. I'm bulking right now, doing everything to increase testosterone levels and I've gained 12 lbs in the past month (138 -> 150). It's mostly lean, and my energy levels are up. And during that month, I've pratically killed off my acne. I began my sig's regime the same time I started bulking.

But you could always gouge nonfermented soy, and cut off your balls. You'll be fatter, weak, and effeminate, but hey you'll be acne free.

MemberMember
(@r-s)

Posted : 06/07/2006 9:32 pm

I thought IGF-1 was the hormone responsible for our acne, not testosterone. Get sweetjade in here to sort thigns out.....

MemberMember
(@sweetjade1980)

Posted : 06/07/2006 9:40 pm

I'm sleepy right now....maybe tomorrow

MemberMember
(@r-s)

Posted : 06/07/2006 9:45 pm

Me too, just exercised a couple hours.... phew.

MemberMember
(@clouds)

Posted : 06/08/2006 12:21 pm

it's shown that men who workout a lot and exercise frequently raise their testosterone levels when working out but after they stop working out their testosterone levels drop significantly. In fact their resting testosterone levels are far lower than those men who do less exercise. So I guesss this means that for the most part of the day ur testosterone levels will be lower if u workout and exercise.

MemberMember
(@angereatingdemon)

Posted : 06/08/2006 12:36 pm

it's shown that men who workout a lot and exercise frequently raise their testosterone levels when working out but after they stop working out their testosterone levels drop significantly. In fact their resting testosterone levels are far lower than those men who do less exercise. So I guesss this means that for the most part of the day ur testosterone levels will be lower if u workout and exercise.

Just don't take creatine, haha, found that out the hard way..

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 08/24/2012 11:09 pm

BUMP. Any truth in this?

its ironic though that some reccomend high fat moderate protein low carb (i.e. paleo people and low glycemic load people).

MemberMember
(@uncle-buck)

Posted : 10/12/2012 9:12 am

You don't want to lower your testosterone, you're a man.

The problems arise when you spike your hormones with sugar or stimulants, and testosterone (and everything else) gets splashed around to all the wrong places. Lowering testosterone wont help you, it's like cleaning a puddle while the sink is still leaking. Fix that damn leak.