Notifications
Clear all

Fruit is giving me acne ?

MemberMember
(@gutskinaxis)

Posted : 05/24/2020 3:58 pm

12 hours ago, MindfulTiler said:

Okay thanks again for your reply! Do you use some kind of method when you try to identify food intolerances? For instance, if you want to determine if bananas are safe or not do you first cut themout from your diet for a few weeks and them add them to your diet for a few weeks? I can't really find any other method to make significant conclusions if a specific food is okay or not. I'd like to hear your approach.

Unfortunately if you really want to do this quickly you should do an elimination diet, see my signature

Beef and salt only for a few days, observe is inflammation is going down, then introduce foods each day

MemberMember
(@hannahdavids)

Posted : 06/05/2020 2:11 am

Yeah I believe it isn't necessary to cut out all fruits, but to identify which fruits are giving you issues and cut those out. Definitely follow an elimination diet to find out what is causing you issues.

MemberMember
(@jm3022gmail-com)

Posted : 06/08/2020 10:58 pm

Hey,

I feel your pain, fruit is delicious. I suspect the reason why fruit is causing the acne is due to the high carbohydrate content. For me any fruits except raspberries and blackberries (albeit in limited quantities) cause breakouts. I went keto and that has completely eliminated my acne. Good luck!

-John

MemberMember
(@gutskinaxis)

Posted : 06/09/2020 10:45 am

11 hours ago, John93 said:

Hey,

I feel your pain, fruit is delicious. I suspect the reason why fruit is causing the acne is due to the high carbohydrate content. For me any fruits except raspberries and blackberries (albeit in limited quantities) cause breakouts. I went keto and that has completely eliminated my acne. Good luck!

-John

Carbs could be causing this, but actually you are probably breaking out to phytochemicals and fruit molecules that are triggering allergic like reactions in your body

Either way, congrats on clearing with keto !

MemberMember
(@mikey161992)

Posted : 06/10/2020 8:25 am

Okay so I think I have figured it completely out.

My neck / jawline breaks out from fruits. I had cut out all fruit but continued to get it a moderate amount. I was then thinking and realized I was still eating tomato based sauces! I completely cut those out and now my neck acne is 95% gone after a week.

My chin / cheekbone acne comes from high glycemic foods and dairy (mostly cheese as its all I eat from dairy).

This really sucks to not be able to eat fruits as they are so healthy for you, but I will continue to try adding in certain fruits as my face clears up and see how it reacts.

If anyone has any solutions on how to cure fruit based acne without cutting it out completely please comment!

MemberMember
(@gutskinaxis)

Posted : 06/10/2020 9:47 am

On 6/10/2020 at 7:25 PM, mikey161992 said:

Okay so I think I have figured it completely out.

My neck / jawline breaks out from fruits. I had cut out all fruit but continued to get it a moderate amount. I was then thinking and realized I was still eating tomato based sauces! I completely cut those out and now my neck acne is 95% gone after a week.

My chin / cheekbone acne comes from high glycemic foods and dairy (mostly cheese as its all I eat from dairy).

This really sucks to not be able to eat fruits as they are so healthy for you, but I will continue to try adding in certain fruits as my face clears up and see how it reacts.

If anyone has any solutions on how to cure fruit based acne without cutting it out completely please comment!

Hey Mikey,

It's really difficult to figure out what exactly causes breakouts. For me I realized eggs, legumes, certain fruits contribute to my acne.

The easiest way to tell is by going with a minimal diet, then slowly adding foods back to see which cause issues for you.

[Removed promotional content]

Best of luck and let me know if you have any questions!

MemberMember
(@mikey161992)

Posted : 10/09/2020 3:09 pm

On 6/10/2020 at 8:47 PM, gutskinaxis said:

Hey Mikey,

It's really difficult to figure out what exactly causes breakouts. For me I realized eggs, legumes, certain fruits contribute to my acne.

The easiest way to tell is by going with a minimal diet, then slowly adding foods back to see which cause issues for you.

[Removed promotional content]

Best of luck and let me know if you have any questions!

So an update on your advice. I cut out literally everything I could think of that may cause acne. I cut out all flour, all fruit, eggs, all white rice and noodles, all starchy vegetables, all dairy, all nuts and seeds. My acne has gotten a lot better. But im still breaking out in super sore ones. I went from having about 15-20 on my face to 5-10.

What Ive eaten the last 2 weeks everyday.

Breakfast - Quinoa with vegan protein powder, almond milk unsweetened, cinnamon

Lunch- Burrito Bowl - Brown Basmatti Rice, black beans, refried beans,onions and peppers, carrots, kale, franks hot sauce

Dinner - Chicken dinner- Home grown chicken, carrots, sweet potato, brussle sprouts,

Snack after workout- 720 Calorie mass gainer vegan protein shake (Iron-Vegan-Vanilla-gainer) made from pea protein

Late night meal - 2 Veggie beyond meat burgers with pickles and cucumber, lettuce as bun

If you have any other advice on what to do let me know!

MemberMember
(@wings05093010gmail-com)

Posted : 10/11/2020 7:10 am

Hey Mikey , have u got your blood sugar checked...I think high sugar food Mike cause u a breakout , or if u are intolerant to fructose then u should avoid fructans as well ..many food contain fructans

I am histamine intolerant... but I have recently found a medicine which is giving me some positive results...I have my fingers crossed...if it worked I will share