Notifications
Clear all

Vitamin D3 works great,but....

MemberMember
(@docky)

Posted : 06/15/2018 6:48 am

So last 2 years I've been trying diets like Keto, Vegan. Not eating dairy, grains, sweets (which helped a little). Started looking for cure in supplements. I've just started taking vitamin D3 8000ui and it works amazing- I still have red face but no cystic acne! And I'm wondering if anyone who tried D3 and then stopped taking it, had great experience and acne didn't come back? I tried lowering dose to 4000ui but got small cysts :/  So I'm still thinking about accutane....

> Male, 21 If you want pics of my face while on D3, just let me know!

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 06/17/2018 10:05 pm

On 6/15/2018 at 9:48 PM, Docky said:

So last 2 years I've been trying diets like Keto, Vegan. Not eating dairy, grains, sweets (which helped a little). Started looking for cure in supplements. I've just started taking vitamin D3 8000ui and it works amazing- I still have red face but no cystic acne! And I'm wondering if anyone who tried D3 and then stopped taking it, had great experience and acne didn't come back? I tried lowering dose to 4000ui but got small cysts :/  So I'm still thinking about accutane....

> Male, 21 If you want pics of my face while on D3, just let me know!

have you tried a gluten free diet? I found that after going gluten free my breakouts started to stop. 

MemberMember
(@docky)

Posted : 06/18/2018 8:57 am

Yup, actually I don't eat grains, bread etc. Mostly meat and vegetables. Diet helps a little bit, but that's all.

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 06/19/2018 8:08 am

23 hours ago, Docky said:

Yup, actually I don't eat grains, bread etc. Mostly meat and vegetables. Diet helps a little bit, but that's all.

yeah well I think I made a mistake with throwing out the wrong food, it's not wheat it was actually dairy for me. So I'm going dairy free for the next week to see how it goes. So you've never tried Accutane before?

MemberMember
(@nature-enthusiast)

Posted : 06/22/2018 3:04 pm

What exactly are you eating on the ketogenic diet? I did the anti-candida diet and my skin was clear. Also, I never tried vitamin D3. I used to take fish oil and cod liver oil, but it never worked.