Notifications
Clear all

I'll save you guys a lot of agony

MemberMember
(@vortex)

Posted : 08/03/2017 1:14 am

I've dealt with acne since I was 14 and I'm 45 now. At first I struggled but I now understand everything is diet and some offend more than others.

It's very simple to stop acne.
1a worst offender is High fructose corn syrup including corn syrup. Avoid this in all foods and your diet will instantly get better because its in all processed foods and sugary things.
1b Never drink brown liquor for its full of high fructose corn syrup.
2 Don't eat fried foods please. Ever.
3 Don't eat table sugar in anything. Find a bread without table sugar like Dave's Killer bread
4 Avoid fish. Too many toxins. This is not necessarily related to acne but overall health.
5 If you drink alcohol know HFCS lurks in many American beers. If you must have beer drink craft beers with no HFCS or corn syrup. But I advise avoid alcohol altogether for it weakens your defense against acne causing foods.

Acne is your body trying to remove a substance your body does not want. The skin is a path of toxin release. The skin is an organ and is used to release toxic matter. Eat healthy whole foods and acne goes away.
I just saved you 20 years of agony.
MemberMember
(@acneageddon)

Posted : 08/06/2017 12:07 am

I think this is an excellent list, but people have different triggers.

For me, dairy was a huge role. Wheat can be a problem, too.

Diet plays a significant role and finding your cause or causes can take an aggravating amount of time. Merely knowing that diet is part of the problem and the solution goes a long ways.

MemberMember
(@vortex)

Posted : 08/10/2017 11:01 am

Well, when you are full of the items I posted then other foods seem to cause reactions that really don't cause acne.

For instance once you avoid what I said you are in no way able to get acne pus from a clean slice of wheat bread with no HFCS or corn syrup with no sugar.

Milk is able to cause issues so avoid that and test it once you feel clean. I personally would promote raw milk but that can be hard to come by. Best to avoid milk while having issues and drink very little when feeling better if any.

It's the sugary grease buttery dripping messes that cause acne. And once your body is saturated with these HFCS, soda pop and other disasters your body becomes sensitive to whatever you put in your mouth and you start blaming all foods. You need to first slow up eating to cleanse yourself. Drink clean water

MemberMember
(@zelos)

Posted : 08/11/2017 12:05 am

1.) Yes, nutrition is an important part of getting clean.
2.) No, it's not THE reason for everyone, and I'd argue that most people have acne just because of hormonal reasons, even if they ate 100% healthy.
3.) "Avoid fish. Too many toxins." has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard regarding healthy eating. Bro-science at its best.

MemberMember
(@l-c-a)

Posted : 08/12/2017 4:09 pm

I ate perfectly clean for a year and saw no improvement of my acne.. I'm 5' 10 180 lb and extremely fit. I see people who are fat and out of shape have perfect skin so I think that diet being the cause is bologna.
The only thing that worked for me is reducing my face washing and using only water. That combined with time is what worked for me.

MemberMember
(@vortex)

Posted : 08/15/2017 10:16 am

On 8/12/2017 at 5:09 PM, l-c-a said:

I ate perfectly clean for a year and saw no improvement of my acne.. I'm 5' 10 180 lb and extremely fit. I see people who are fat and out of shape have perfect skin so I think that diet being the cause is bologna.
The only thing that worked for me is reducing my face washing and using only water. That combined with time is what worked for me.

Extremely fit has nothing to do with acne. And what you consider clean may have been bad for acne. WHo knows? You never told us your diet or how much you cheated with sweets.

MemberMember
(@l-c-a)

Posted : 08/15/2017 11:49 am

1 hour ago, vortex said:
On 8/12/2017 at 2:09 PM, l-c-a said:

Extremely fit has nothing to do with acne. And what you consider clean may have been bad for acne. WHo knows? You never told us your diet or how much you cheated with sweets.

0 Sweets or added sugar. Only vegetables, eggs, white meat like chicken, fruits, nuts.

MemberMember
(@vortex)

Posted : 08/15/2017 10:41 pm

10 hours ago, l-c-a said:
0 Sweets or added sugar. Only vegetables, eggs, white meat like chicken, fruits, nuts.

fruits killed you.

MemberMember
(@l-c-a)

Posted : 08/15/2017 11:42 pm

Okay so now i eat fruits, refined sugar, and drink alcohol and I don't have a problem. Thoughts?

MemberMember
(@l-c-a)

Posted : 08/16/2017 4:22 pm

I'm not being argumentative for the sake of being a jerk. I'm just saying I have seen more evidence through my personal experience and also observing other peoples habits that diet has little to do with causing acne. (Unless you are specifically allergic to a certain food) You're more likely to gain fat from eating sugar than break out.

MemberMember
(@vortex)

Posted : 08/21/2017 10:10 am

I could grow zits on que for money simply by eating foods.