Notifications
Clear all

So, Dark Chocolate Really Isn't Any Good Then

MemberMember
(@mrfringe)
MemberMember
(@kathi)

Posted : 01/13/2017 5:42 pm

I don't honestly believe in this. And I think it is completely individual. There are people whose acne can be aggravated by the food they consume, and those whose diet has absolutely no impact on their skin. Those dark chocolates are still pretty high in sugar.I eat pure cocoa with my oatmeal almost everyday and it doesn't affect me whatsoever. And the key is in balance. Just because you've read somewhere certain foods cause acne doesn't mean you can't eat them ever again. Nothing will happen if you eat a bit of chocolate. It doesn't mean you have to eat awhole bar every single day.It's not all black and white.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/17/2017 9:46 am

Yeah even a few squares of dark chocolate breaks me out, it sucks.. Everyone is different though, you might be able to eat it

MemberMember
(@mrfringe)

Posted : 01/18/2017 9:32 am

No, I think it does give me a few pimples. I used to eat it before and got a fair bit of forehead acne. I say acne, more like 2 or 3 tiny pimples at a time.

MemberMember
(@jakeh)

Posted : 02/09/2017 7:24 pm

While this is entirely speculation, I think it all has to do with gut health. Since there is a positive correlation between gut problems and acne, it only makes sense that things that affect the gut microbiome will affect acne as well. Cocoa is high in FODMAPs which feed bad bacteria in the gut. This is especially true is cases of SIBO, which I believe to be a unrecognized epidemic. Fix your gut health and you wont have any problems with moderate amounts of chocolate.