Notifications
Clear all

Diet of Only Almonds To Cure Acne.

MemberMember
(@huskychef)

Posted : 01/06/2017 1:38 am

Okay so for the last 2 weeks I've been going pretty big on this holistic sh*t because I do believe what you eat effects everything in your body including skin..
I have mild but annoying acne after 2 courses of accutane..2 weeks ago I cut out gluten/wheat (I had removed dairy before) and tbh I can see an improvement.. not a MASSIVE improvement but I can still see it. so I've been kind of hooked on getting my skin 100% blemish free from diet. I've literally been reading non stop, spending hundreds on different foods and eliminating others to see what effects it would have on my skin. but nope..still little pimples.. I'm at the stage now where Im trying an almond ONLY diet the last 2 days and hopefully incorporating more foods later and seeing if they have an effect.. is this stupid? I have to be honest, I've never felt more depressed haha. had a pretty bad migraine today on the second day but I'm guessing that's from such a low carb intake.. I'm eating about 420g of almonds at the moment at about 3300 calories a day. I'm taking 5000IUs of Vitamin D, 50mg of Zinc, probiotics (4bn micro-organisms), high fibre sachets (twice daily), Omega 3 fish oils and 3-4 litres of water a day + 3 cups of green tea. it's worth noting I grew a noticeably sized pimple on my nose this evening (second day of almond diet).

Would really appreciate advice off smarter people x

MemberMember
(@auleej)

Posted : 01/06/2017 4:43 pm

Yes, that is a bad idea. You can't get everything you need from just almonds and some vitamins.

When you say you're feeling more depressed, is it in tandem with the diet or just from having acne in general? If it's the former, that's a good sign of nutrient deficiency and your gut not being happy. A lot of our mood is influenced by the neurotransmitters released by the "second brain" in the gut.

Low carb intake can cause "keto-flu," but that's caused by an electrolyte deficiency. The cure is to simply consume more salt/magnesium. Migraines are most likely caused by some other factor.

I'm curious - why almonds? Why this approach?

MemberMember
(@huskychef)

Posted : 01/06/2017 10:30 pm

Basically the depression is a just from the lack of variety and boredom of the all almond diet and the realisation that nothing works for me.

Yeah it was definitely Keto-flu I think! Started eating a bit of a more varied diet today and the headaches and limb pain are gone thankfully.

Firstly, they seem basic and healthy..just plain 'ol almonds.."what bad could they do?" I thought after eliminating everything.  then secondly I'm a bodybuilder so I need to keep the muscle on and Almonds are super calorie dense and packed full of protein :)

MemberMember
(@adeel2111)

Posted : 01/07/2017 5:33 am

Yo man! ill be honest with you. I also thought diet has a lot to do with my acne. What is your age if you dont mind? Anything between 13-20 can be hormonal. I stopped eating a lot of things for 2 whole months and "saw" improvements but that would have been anyways because it will heal at some point. What you need to remove are: Bad oils, bad fats (including butter, milk and stuff with high fat, rather take the light ones instead). Like, pizza is no good for people with acne and it is obvious. Meals are one of those things we can enjoy on a daily basis so enjoy your meal and eat whatever youd like to eat. And to make your acne/pimples heal start using natural products such as aloe vera + tomato or vaseline on spots and you will most likely see improvement within a week

MemberMember
(@auleej)

Posted : 01/07/2017 1:53 pm

@Adeel2111I know you're just offering advice, but I'm gonna be nitpicky. What worked for you isn't going to work for everybody. The solution to my acne, for example, is the complete opposite of what you describe. Telling people you have the solution, only for them to try it and it not work, can be really discouraging in the fight against acne.

MemberMember
(@adeel2111)

Posted : 01/07/2017 2:19 pm

@auleej indeed but how many times do people try before getting to something that actually works? Exactly. Spending a week to try something that worked well for me wont hurt. I have tried pretty much everything except accutane and saw no other solution than accutane but hey, i kept on trying. I understand your point of view but lets face it, there are no side effects with these natural products. Prefer to spend a few more weeks in progress and go all natural than using chemicals on your face. I am not here to make it worse for people whom are going trough this issue, just giving my opinions :)