Notifications
Clear all

Optimum DHT-inhibitor for Adult Males with Acne&Oily Skin

MemberMember
(@acneoily)

Posted : 12/30/2016 11:50 pm

To all my male friends (over 21 y.o. only)on this forum,

Recently, after trying to understand why accutane works for so many people,I noticed that the WISE and KNOWLEDGABLE MEN & WOMEN on this forum have confirmed for the longest time that DHT sensitivity (in some, it's high DHT)is the strongest and properly the root cause of hormonal acne,oily skin, and sometimes hair-loss in adulthood. Many, especially women, on this forum have successfully found their miracle cure following this "logical& yet to be proven widely" theory. However, as you know, DHT is a super strong androgen and helps give male their characteristics. In other words, it makes you a man. Thus, by inhibiting DHT toreduce/stop acne and oily skin, one can expect the reduction in libido, sex drive and in some rare & unfortunate cases: short-term erectile dysfunction, breast enlargement and even impotent.

Thanks to the famous Ms. Green Gables, this is what I have done so far to reduce my acne without direct DHT-inhibitor: Eliminate Dairy / Low in sugar, refined and simple carb diet /Eliminate Coffee, Soda, Caffeine /Minimise Alcohol/ D3 or more sun exposure to regulate hormones. HOWEVER, 2days ago, I started to drink peppermint/spearmint tea (also known as a strong DHT-inhibitor) and have noticed a noticeablereduction in sebum reduction. But of course, I'm afraid of the side effect of long-term usage.

So my quest for Clear Skin & Stable Healthis to find the OPTIMUM AMOUNT & the BEST TYPE of DHT-inhibitor that I can take to minimise the side-effect and help clear my skin. It sounds simple but I'm sure it will be along and quite complicated journey. Please join and share your experience with DHT inhibitor (male only or female whose male friends had or have tried DHT-inhibitor). Currently, these are the popular DHT-inhibitors that I have seen people taking throughout acneand hairloss forum.

400mg - 800mg of Saw Palmetto a day
2 cups of Spearmint Tea a day
Stinging Nette Root - ??? mg

MemberMember
(@suswang8)

Posted : 01/08/2017 6:49 pm

Please keep us posted on your progress and side effects. I am eager to try either the spearmint tea or saw palmetto/finasteride one day, too.