Notifications
Clear all

Every food causes acne according to the Internet

MemberMember
(@maximalfarmer123)

Posted : 10/01/2016 5:36 am

It seems like everyone thinks just about every food causes acne. Diary, gluten, sugar, fats etc... There's people who even say carbs in general cause acne. It's seems very ridiculous that 95% of foods cause acne according to many people. People say even alot of vegetables and fruits cause acne cause of sugar etc. what's your opinion on if food cause acne if so which foods. I personally only have notice diary may play a small part in acne for me.

MemberMember
(@alyleiii)

Posted : 10/03/2016 11:23 pm

I believe that grains, oats and wheat greatly contribute to acne in many, including me. I have been thinking back to when my skin which was usually 80% clear became so sensitive and intolerant to pretty much everything and it was when I began eating 4-6 pieces of extra grainy wheat bread every day with toast, sandwiches or for a snack, starting about 2 months ago. I have also started flushing every day, I have ridiculously horrible dark circles even with 8+ hours of sleep, and terrible aching knees [especially when working out] -- all signs of gluten+wheat intolerance and my liver being exhausted. Also, adding quinoa and oatmeal did not help...my body is not a fan of grains, clearly. I'll be happy not only to not get itchy skin and zits anymore, but to not look like someone punched me in the eyes every morning.

There is scientific proof, I've now discovered, that wheat and grains can worsen acne and I am super disappointed that in my quest to get healthy I accidentally triggered allergic acne. I just realized the connection 2 days ago, and it will likely take weeks, if not a month or two to level out again.

MemberMember
(@jspencer)

Posted : 10/09/2016 10:55 pm

Dairy, non whole grains, gluten, processed meat, vegetable oil and sugar affect me in a bad way. I have been dealing w cystic acne for 2 years and I've gone the healthy way and clear up but for whatever reason I renig on my diet and I start from scratch again. Diet is a huge factor and I'm getting clear and sticking to my guns this time. Im a firm believer it's all about gut health. I would advise anyone who was struggling to also invest in a good probiotic about 50 billion strands a day