Notifications
Clear all

A website with lots o info on diet/ acne

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/15/2016 7:46 am

. http://supernaturalacnetreatment.com/

Someone on here posted an article about keratin and acne, I can't recall who but it was part of a larger website called Supernatural Acne Treatment.
This website has really good suggestions which make sense, tells you exactly what works and gives scientific reasons as to the causes of acne and how to treat each cause.
The guy who writes the articles is selling an e book, at first that made me suspicious but he gives a lot of specific info out for free. He also has answered some specific questions.
I plan to incorporate most of this info into my routine.

Thanks whoever posted the keratin article.

SkinDeeply and ArtS liked
MemberMember
(@fvckacne)

Posted : 07/15/2016 10:54 am

Would have been nice if that site were around 10 years ago. I had to learn most of that on my own through endless trial and error. The article about FODMAPs is probably the most relevant. For those who wonder why healthy foods cause acne... this is largely why.

People have a hard time seeing the common element in stuff they eat like garlic, onion, cabbage (including fermented, etc), broccoli, apples, etc. The answer is that those are all FODMAP containing foods.

At first it seems to have no rhyme or reason (and so they attribute acne to simple bad genetics i.e. "but I'm eating 'healthy'") but eventually you catch on and see.

This is also why I generally don't suggest eating fermented foods. If you look at most fermented foods they are from the Brassica family and those are FODMAPs. Cabbage is the most well known example i.e. sauerkraut. But milk, etc. They are all FODMAPs for the most part.

People say stuff like but I'm eating fermented foods to heal my gut, etc. When in reality they're breaking out like crazy and attributing it to die-off. Not so. It's that they aren't recognizing this fact about carbohydrates. The truth is they are probably worsening their gut problems, rather than fixing it. Sounds counterintuitive, I know. But true nonetheless.

This phenomenon probably accounts for much of the confusion surrounding diet and its relationship with the manifestation of acne. That said, I don't believe that fodmaps inherently cause acne. Rather that they fuel the dysbiosis that gives rise to it.

Overall, the topic of diet and acne is a complex one and has many subtle nuances that could easily be overlooked. There are a lot of things you need to know before you can start implementing an effective strategy.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/15/2016 6:57 pm

7 hours ago, FvckAcne said:

Would have been nice if that site were around 10 years ago. I had to learn most of that on my own through endless trial and error. The article about FODMAPs is probably the most relevant. For those who wonder why œhealthy foods œcause acne... this is largely why.

People have a hard time seeing the common element in stuff they eat like garlic, onion, cabbage (including fermented, etc), broccoli, apples, etc. The answer is that those are all FODMAP containing foods.

At first it seems to have no rhyme or reason (and so they attribute acne to simple œbad genetics i.e. "but I'm eating 'healthy'") but eventually you catch on and see.

This is also why I generally don't suggest eating fermented foods. If you look at most fermented foods they are from the Brassica family and those are FODMAPs. Cabbage is the most well known example i.e. sauerkraut. But milk, etc. They are all FODMAPs for the most part.

People say stuff like œbut I'm eating fermented foods to heal my gut, etc. When in reality they're breaking out like crazy and attributing it to œdie-off. Not so. It's that they aren't recognizing this fact about carbohydrates. The truth is they are probably worsening their gut problems, rather than fixing it. Sounds counterintuitive, I know. But true nonetheless.

This phenomenon probably accounts for much of the confusion surrounding diet and its relationship with the manifestation of acne. That said, I don't believe that fodmaps inherently cause acne. Rather that they fuel the dysbiosis that gives rise to it.

Overall, the topic of diet and acne is a complex one and has many subtle nuances that could easily be overlooked. There are a lot of things you need to know before you can start implementing an effective strategy.

I agree. I dont eat kefir or kombucha or kimchi or any of that stuff. I think I'm sensitive to bananas and definitely peanuts. I eat dark chocolate with no problems. Eggplant seems bad for me too.
I'm doing better with a lot of sweet potatoes, blueberries, grass fed beef, gelatin ( yes jello with some sugar) and cherries. Fish is OK but NOT farmed!!!
Yes, double fvck acne :/