Notifications
Clear all

Has anyone cleared up their acne for good through lifestyle changes?

MemberMember
(@arts)

Posted : 06/07/2016 2:42 am

Hi!

Ive been suffering from acne for around 12 years. It got severe when I became a young adult. The only thing that got me clear was the Regimen. However, after about 2 years I developed hives on my legs, arms and, eventually, face, which the BP made a lot more inflamed and irritated. I managed to sort the hives situation out (turned out to be a bile problem). I also found out that I have a deformed gallbladder. From then on I decided to stop masking the symptoms and work on my health. After 1.5 years of experimenting this is what I discovered:

-Low-fat low-animal products diet works best for me in terms of keeping the oiliness of my face and mild pustulous acne at bay. I wish I had never listened to the Paleo people that diet led to the worst skin ever + my hives returned. The best diet for me looks a lot like the Blood type diet for Type A (indeed I am a Type A) or the Traditional Chinese Medicine diet prescription for Damp-heat;

- Frequent ejaculation causes cysts (more often than 2-3 times per week or if it occurs several days in a row). Ive seen no difference between abstaining completely and ejaculating 1-2 times per week;

- Stress, coffee, intense exercise and poor sleep exacerbate the condition;

- None of this matters when Im on vacation for some reasonEach time I take a vacation my acne clears up for at least a month in spite of eating crap and having sex almost daily. I had a hypothesis it was due to Vitamin D, but supplementation didnt prove to be effective. I had to conclude that was because of lack of any stress. I do suffer from bouts of depression and anxiety in day-to-day life.

Even when I follow this lifestyle to the T, I am around 90% clear and it fluctuates a lot. And if I slip up and, say, ejaculate 4 times in 2 days, the consequences are grim. Its becoming increasingly frustrating, considering the fact that Im 26.

My question is has anyone ever cleared up their acne completely through lifestyle choices or is it always a struggle like that?

MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 06/10/2016 8:19 am

Hello.

Well some people do get clear face from healthy lifestyle. It depends on each different bodies. My acne is 85% better on my diet that I personalised.
But I still get bad breakouts bcz of hormones changes during the month (I'm a girl).

Btw sou said you get hives on face/body. I suffer from this problem too but I only get on my face "Chronic idiopathic urticaria".

Tried several medications and diets but nothing really works.

You said your hives were from your bile?
How did you discover that?

MemberMember
(@arts)

Posted : 06/12/2016 7:26 am

On 10.06.2016 at 8:19 PM, Porswis said:

Hello.

Well some people do get clear face from healthy lifestyle. It depends on each different bodies. My acne is 85% better on my diet that I personalised.
But I still get bad breakouts bcz of hormones changes during the month (I'm a girl).

Btw sou said you get hives on face/body. I suffer from this problem too but I only get on my face "Chronic idiopathic urticaria".

Tried several medications and diets but nothing really works.

You said your hives were from your bile?
How did you discover that?

I went to a good dermatologist, who, instead of presribing lotions and pills, had me run some tests. It turned out I had elevated bilirubin, which usually indicates a problem with the bile production/metabolism. I also know a good herbalist that I went to with this problem. He had me make some herbal teas I needed to drink daily. The hives disappeared within a month or two.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/13/2016 8:19 am

Hi, there are some people on here who have said they were able tp do it. Alternativista and Wingedserpent come to mind. For me, avoiding dairy helped but didn't completely clear my skin. Hormonal treatments did that .
Maybe if you get better on vacation despite diet your acne is either from stress or from showering in your local water. Have ypu tried a shower head purifier?

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 06/14/2016 6:08 pm

Were you still stressed on vacation from your day to day depression/anxiety?

MemberMember
(@arts)

Posted : 06/15/2016 1:38 am

On 13.06.2016 at 8:19 PM, snarkygirl said:

Hi, there are some people on here who have said they were able tp do it. Alternativista and Wingedserpent come to mind. For me, avoiding dairy helped but didn't completely clear my skin. Hormonal treatments did that .
Maybe if you get better on vacation despite diet your acne is either from stress or from showering in your local water. Have ypu tried a shower head purifier?

Well, I've had periods of clear skin while using the same water I've always used, so I doubt it's the issue. I've read and tried a lot that Alternativista suggested, but those things didn't help much. Again, low-fat vegan-ish diet worked best for me, not low GL Paleo. Sugar and gluten have no effect on my acne. I'm still undecided about dairy since I've had both great and terrible skin while being dairy-free for over a year. I was just interested in knowing whether the success stories people were completely clear for a long time or they were clear as compared to their usual skin condition. You see, I'm 90% clear most of the time if I follow my own guidelines. Is that as far as I can go with the natural path or am I still missing something?

7 hours ago, holdingontohope said:

Were you still stressed on vacation from your day to day depression/anxiety?

No, I had a great time. Unfortunately, there's no way I can do away with all my struggles and problems while leading a normal life. Stress management is a part of my acne protocol for sure, but there's only so much that I can do.