Notifications
Clear all

My personal diet for acne (and weightloss)

MemberMember
(@mermaidgirl1989)

Posted : 02/02/2016 9:42 pm

I'm posting this here to see if anyone gets any benefit from this. I have read MULTIPLE books on everything from epigenetics, nutrition, ketosis ect. I tried to create a non-restrictive diet and nutritional guidelinesto balance insulin, normalize keratin production and reduce inflammation (three major components in acne).

The rules

- Healthy fats are essential: Eat foods containing omega-3 fatty acids (salmon, sardines, anchovies, cat fish) flaxseed, hempseed, coconut oil. Avoid trans fats.

- Avoid all carbohydrates with HFCS. Only buy pumpernickel, ezekiel andrye bread and avoid "gluten free" products as they contain more sugar. Avoiding gluten often does zero for acne from my experience. Again, choose high fiber pastas, oatmealwithout the high fructose corn syrup.

- Buy whole fatmilk and cheese without IG-1 (insulin growth factor)

- Watch your intake of certain fruitsas they spike insulin. Low carb fruits like berries and strawberries are better for acne than apples and grapes. Choose lower carb vegetables, eat them raw or steam them.

- Refined sugar intake should be kept to a minimal.

- If you drink coffee, take it without the sugar or only use a tea spoon of granulated brown sugar. Also avoid sweeteners.