Notifications
Clear all

Milk Thistle + Zinc = My Winning Combo

MemberMember
(@ifixit)

Posted : 08/03/2015 6:32 pm

HI Guys !

I have been hanging around this forum for ages, just reading and trying different methods to get rid of my mild, but persistent acne.

Im going to make this post short - But I really thought I would share, what seems to be the final solution for me.

Hopefully some of you out there can use it !

My story short .

I have always struggled with acne. Mostly as a teen, but the mild acne has followed me up in my 20s. Im 29 now, and finally after years of trial and error, It seems like what may be the solution for me.

I have tried tons of different methods. My acne has never been bad enough for Accutane. So except for this, I have been through it all. Loads of products. Over the counter products, holistic approach, vitamins, masks,peels, you name it.

It always seemed like the products (NOT all) did have effect, and some has helped temporarily, but it has never really got to the root cause of my acne. It has not been a cure for anything - Only helped with the symptoms.

I must have been in some kind of unbalance - Somewhere inside !

After a loong time with trial and error with different kinds of vitamins and herbs - I now F I N N A L Y seem to have found my winning combo !

For 4 weeks I tried a mix of only Zinc and Milk thistle. This completely changed my skin. I can clearly see that I now produce less sebum. My pores on my nose, which used to be filled with nasty gunk after one day, has literally disappeared.

My skin does not get irritated when I shave, as it used to get after every single shave.

The blemishes (that I do still occasionally get) look less irritated and goes away within days - as apposed to weeks before.

For 4 month now I have had maybe, 5-7 blemishes. This has not happened in 15 years.

I have been eating unhealthy, smoking, drinking. Nothing has affected my skin after I began with these 2 supplements.

Its almost too good to be true.

Im beyond thrilled. My skin looks fantastic, and my self esteem is up ten fold.

Im crossing everything i can and hoping that this will last. I will definitely keep these supplements as long as this continues.

My regimen :

AM:

Kiehls ultra face wash

Clarins Camoille Toner

Moisturizer ( Different brands)

40 Mg Zinc ( 2 tablets *LINK REMOVED*)

400 Mg Milk thistle( 2 tablets *LINK REMOVED*)

+ Omega 3 fish oil

PM:

Kiehls ultra face wash

Clarins Camoille Toner

Paulas choice 2 % BHA exfoliator ( every 2. day)

Moisturizer ( Different brands)

40 Mg Zinc ( 2 tablets)

400 Mg Milk thistle ( 2 Tablets)

Feel free to ask anything. Hope this will be useful for some of you !