Notifications
Clear all

Do Fruits Cause Acne? Help With My Diet Please!

MemberMember
(@gabo20)

Posted : 05/17/2015 8:00 am

Hi,

I started to eat only vegetables and fruits to help clear my face along with some supplements like zinc, omega 3 fish oil.

Vegetables I'm eating : Carrots, lettuce, avocados, spinach, bell peppers, broccoli, tomatoes, onions,cucumbers.

I've been eating watermelon, melon, cantaloupe, pineapple. i avoid oranges because some people her say that oranges cause acne.

I also make smoothies of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and bananas. I use rice milk for them.

Now, last week i went to this acne center and the dr told me not too eat too many fruits as they are high in sugars and sugar cause breakouts. So I'm confused, i do not know what to eat anymore =/. I feel like starving all day long!

Any suggestions in fruits and vegetables which are safe to eat.

Also, do you guys think, black beans, rice and quinoa cause acne?

Thank You,

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 05/17/2015 10:17 am

we are all different- for me dairy (cow's milk) and gluten are triggers-- they may not be for you

but it just makes good sense not to overdose on fruits- focus on green veggies instead

and quinoa is not an issue for me, but it may be for you

everything in moderation, and rotate what you eat...lean poultry, fish, are you vegan? if not you could eat those...sweet potatoes in moderation are great

MemberMember
(@gabo20)

Posted : 05/19/2015 1:53 pm

we are all different- for me dairy (cow's milk) and gluten are triggers-- they may not be for you

but it just makes good sense not to overdose on fruits- focus on green veggies instead

everything in moderation, and rotate what you eat...lean poultry, fish, are you vegan? if not you could eat those...sweet potatoes in moderation are great

I've been a vegetarin for two years now. I always had like 3 or 4 pimples and did not liked them but was not a big issue. A year ago s started eating only vegetarian frozen food and two months ago i started to breakout like crazy. I blamed it on the frozen food but who knows, right now i'm eating only fruits and veggies and yesterday i added beans and rice i will try and see what happens.

MemberMember
(@silverlight22)

Posted : 06/09/2015 4:17 pm

I've been a vegetarin for two years now. I always had like 3 or 4 pimples and did not liked them but was not a big issue. A year ago s started eating only vegetarian frozen food and two months ago i started to breakout like crazy. I blamed it on the frozen food but who knows, right now i'm eating only fruits and veggies and yesterday i added beans and rice i will try and see what happens.

Pineapples are high in sugar. So are a lot of other fruits that you eat. Including carrots.

In my case strawberries, grapes, pineapples and especially banana cause me to breakout a lot. Try not eating any fruits or vegetables with high sugar content for a week eg carrots and you'll see the difference.

Well everyone is different, but that's what worked for me

MemberMember
(@gabo20)

Posted : 06/11/2015 12:21 pm

Pineapples are high in sugar. So are a lot of other fruits that you eat. Including carrots.

In my case strawberries, grapes, pineapples and especially banana cause me to breakout a lot. Try not eating any fruits or vegetables with high sugar content for a week eg carrots and you'll see the difference.

Yeah i have been trying to avoid sugar in every way and it's getting better. I never drank milk but ate a lot of fresh cheese so maybe. I'm trying to avoid glutten as well and seems like it's working.

Thank You

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 06/11/2015 8:32 pm

Sugar can aggravate acne. I doubt it will cause the formation of microcomedones, though.

Any food can cause acne if you are sensitive to it. Fruits and vegetables tend to be safer than, say, grains, legumes, and dairy, but you could react to citric acid in fruits and not know until you stop eating citrus.

I would avoid beans and quinoa because they tend to be more antigenic/have saponins. Meats, especially chicken and fish (whole cuts, cooked yourself without any breadcrumbs or anything) also tend to be very safe.

MemberMember
(@silverlight22)

Posted : 06/12/2015 6:20 pm

Yeah i have been trying to avoid sugar in every way and it's getting better. I never drank milk but ate a lot of fresh cheese so maybe. I'm trying to avoid glutten as well and seems like it's working.

Thank You

cheese is another huge trigger

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 06/15/2015 11:01 am

Eat fruits in moderation. I would avoid citrus fruit and bananas because they seem to cause people the most trouble (although for me bananas are great).

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 06/15/2015 2:03 pm

Hello Gabo20,

I would suggest that you consult with an Allergologist to test which foods causes your allergies if any. Having a balanced diet is the best way to go to have healthy skin. Protein builds up damaged tissues so meat is also good for you and remember to eat anything only in moderation. Good luck with your diet and cheers!

Hi,

I started to eat only vegetables and fruits to help clear my face along with some supplements like zinc, omega 3 fish oil.

Vegetables I'm eating : Carrots, lettuce, avocados, spinach, bell peppers, broccoli, tomatoes, onions,cucumbers.

I've been eating watermelon, melon, cantaloupe, pineapple. i avoid oranges because some people her say that oranges cause acne.

I also make smoothies of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and bananas. I use rice milk for them.

Now, last week i went to this acne center and the dr told me not too eat too many fruits as they are high in sugars and sugar cause breakouts. So I'm confused, i do not know what to eat anymore =/. I feel like starving all day long!

Any suggestions in fruits and vegetables which are safe to eat.

Also, do you guys think, black beans, rice and quinoa cause acne?

Thank You,