Notifications
Clear all

Epsom Salts, Tea tree & Vinegar

MemberMember
(@knowshow)

Posted : 10/19/2006 11:17 pm

this kicks ass... have been using the epsom salt only.. getting some tea tree oil and vinegar tomrrow...

thanks for this post.. or thanks to whoever brought it back... woohoo. getting clear..

not just from this..... got a great diet going.. low GI.. mostly raw.. no cooked meat. .. sweet potatoes.. salads w/ olive oil. sushi.. no rice. fruit w/ yogurt.... LOTS OF YOGURT>> thanks RS. Also started the Broccoli pills. BroccoMax. Salicylic Acid too. Also i think im hitting that age where my hormones are balancing naturally. ... . i hope.

MemberMember
(@knowshow)

Posted : 10/21/2006 11:57 pm

i know i was the last one to post but I want everyone to see this... this seriously works.. and ive tried everything from Wais diet .. to the best supplements/vitamins.. to topicals.. OTC. prescripition and Natural.. B5. u name it. This is worth a shot. i havent' even tried the Tea tree and vinegaar.. keep forgetting to get the vinegar.. in my last post i listed other reasons why my skin is doing the best its been in 4 years. Salicylic. diet.. etc.. when i was just doing that my skin was doing 50 % better than usual.. with this its 90%. ill get a tiny white head every other day and will kill it off that night . Redmarks suck ass though and hopefully the vinegar will help. Good luck .

MemberMember
(@_-plagued-_)

Posted : 10/22/2006 8:04 pm

hey there KnowShow =) so how xactly r u using epsom salts 2 keep u clear? i mean as a exfoliator, a spot treatment, a cleanser, as part of the "Dip" regime, as a toner?

thanks =) im glad this is working 4 u 2!!

MemberMember
(@knowshow)

Posted : 10/23/2006 2:09 pm

i guess i use it as a cleanser, exfoliator, toner. I mix very little HOT water with a few tablespoons of salt and then rub it into my face.. if i have any whiteheads I carefully pop them first. Then I rub the salt in em.. they usually die.

MemberMember
(@_-plagued-_)

Posted : 10/23/2006 2:16 pm

hey KnowShow =)

Im glad its all working 4 ya!

how long have u been doing this epsom salt regime?

ive heard of ppl having really good progress wiv vis and then suddenly it all goes bad again or even worse =O

i am currently just using it as a spot treatment as i am a bit 2 worried 2 go 2 full on with the epsom salt

thanks =)

MemberMember
(@knowshow)

Posted : 10/26/2006 8:07 am

hey KnowShow =)

Im glad its all working 4 ya!

how long have u been doing this epsom salt regime?

ive heard of ppl having really good progress wiv vis and then suddenly it all goes bad again or even worse =O

i am currently just using it as a spot treatment as i am a bit 2 worried 2 go 2 full on with the epsom salt

thanks =)

well.. its still workign good, but not as great as tI thought. Its more of a treatment supplement than a prevention supplement. However when I wear it at night, as a toner/mask.. it hardens on my face, I feel like I get less new pimples. Where the epsom salt KICKS ASS is when it makes pimples come to a head, then I pop them and then cover them in epsom salt.... (Always mix salt with very hot water, then apply to face.. it will then recrystalize.)

MemberMember
(@d-t-a)

Posted : 10/28/2006 1:17 am

Interesting...all of this is very interesting!

MemberMember
(@_-plagued-_)

Posted : 10/28/2006 3:40 pm

i used the epsome salt as a spot treatment the other night and went to bed. i woke up with these scratches on my face where the salt crystals had scratched my skin and then they turned into pimples like it was a reaction to the irritation?

it was pretty stink lol

ne way now i do the spot treatment a while b4 i go 2 bed then gently flake off the crystals with a dry tissue just b4 i go 2 sleep.

i hope this will still be reasonably effective because i havent washed it off ive just brushed off the sharp crystals?

wat u guys think

oh and thatnks 4 the feed back KnowShow =)

MemberMember
(@d-t-a)

Posted : 10/29/2006 12:52 am

The epson salts work fine... they flatten all lesions in a day or two.

MemberMember
(@thomas84)

Posted : 10/29/2006 11:26 am

i have epsom salts but not sure how to use them, ive read these pages and im still a bit unsure. Whats the exact method!

MemberMember
(@knowshow)

Posted : 10/29/2006 12:23 pm

i have epsom salts but not sure how to use them, ive read these pages and im still a bit unsure. Whats the exact method!

you can pretty much do whatever you want.. I pop any pimple thats ready to pop.. Then I put epsom salt in a plastic cup, it doesn't matter how much, sometimes I use a couple tablespoons, sometimes more. Then I run the water till its PIPING HOT, .. then I add the water to the salt, stir it up, and pour it on my hands and apply it to my face.. Mostly water will come out first, apply this first.. Then I take the salt at the bottom of the cup and scrub it into my skin.. not too hard tho. good luck ..

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/04/2007 9:43 pm

Did anyone notice if when they do the epsom salt trick whether acne on any part of their body they weren't treating with the salt also improved. Like you soak in the tub but your face clears up?

And did epsom salts not work for anyone in the end?

ktx

p.s. I'm wondering if epsom salts are correcting a magnesium deficiency- magnesium is known to be absorbed through the skin, and you're sticking grams and grams all over yourself.

MemberMember
(@catwhisperer)

Posted : 06/10/2007 10:54 am

Is anybody still using epsom salt? because this thread seems to be pretty much dead. Is it not working or are people just too lazy to post their results? Anyway, I'm about to try the poultice thing tonight, just hoping it wouldn't break me out, because I just had a big breakout thanks to Clinique foundation. Now I have one cyst and a few zits, and I was really getting clear too before using the foundation. I hope the salts would dry these suckers up. Damn Clinique!

MemberMember
(@cjb)

Posted : 06/10/2007 6:46 pm

Is anybody still using epsom salt? because this thread seems to be pretty much dead. Is it not working or are people just too lazy to post their results? Anyway, I'm about to try the poultice thing tonight, just hoping it wouldn't break me out, because I just had a big breakout thanks to Clinique foundation. Now I have one cyst and a few zits, and I was really getting clear too before using the foundation. I hope the salts would dry these suckers up. Damn Clinique!
MemberMember
(@lucypevensie)

Posted : 08/27/2008 11:21 pm

I can't find tea tree oil. It's so annoying! Maybe one day I'll come across it, and I'm going to renew my effort to find Epsom salts, this looks promising.

MemberMember
(@lucypevensie)

Posted : 09/01/2008 11:31 pm

For some reason we don't have cotton balls, so I've been using toilet paper, is that okay? I apply strips of it to my face, which was dipped in about 1:1 solution of epson salts and water. It's always off by the morning. Maybe if I applied the solution to my face and let it dry there? Is that okay? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@jacjack)

Posted : 09/02/2008 1:28 am

For some reason we don't have cotton balls, so I've been using toilet paper, is that okay? I apply strips of it to my face, which was dipped in about 1:1 solution of epson salts and water. It's always off by the morning. Maybe if I applied the solution to my face and let it dry there? Is that okay? Thanks!

lol where do u live?

I guess it's fine for toilet paper..because all u need is something to hold the mixture and let it "shield" on ur skin

MemberMember
(@lucypevensie)

Posted : 09/02/2008 10:53 pm

Thank you :)

MemberMember
(@mau)

Posted : 10/10/2008 4:31 pm

i did my first try last night. my skin felt really tight and this tingling sensation freaks me out for a bit. and guess what, in the morning when i removed the cotton pads, my one pimple had a head.. didn;t pop it coz im scared so i guess it's doing what it's supposed to: sucking all the impurities inside. yAyY!!! and my skin felt soooo soft, i love it!! i'll continue doing this and see what happens. my concern is i only have 1 or two active acne at the moment and i might be getting more from doing this, i really hope not and if i do i hope they go away pretty fast!

MemberMember
(@oneloveletsgettogether)

Posted : 10/10/2008 6:00 pm

Sounds interesting, I have a question, how well does this work for hyper-pigmentation (red spots/blotches)? I don't have much a problem with any new zits or zits its just red marks for me (healthy diet keeps new zits from popping up)

MemberMember
(@mau)

Posted : 10/11/2008 11:38 am

Sounds interesting, I have a question, how well does this work for hyper-pigmentation (red spots/blotches)? I don't have much a problem with any new zits or zits its just red marks for me (healthy diet keeps new zits from popping up)

i have no idea how it's going to work on post acne marks. i have the same problem too. but i tried this becuase i want all the gunk out first and be done with it before treating the marks. i read about manuka oil to be good for marks.

MemberMember
(@mountainman)

Posted : 11/01/2008 8:53 pm

i have been using this regimen for a couple weeks now, i am still breaking out, but i am breaking out from comedones surfacing. Ive had these comedones for ever and they now seem to be getting pulled out. I am just wondering though...i apply a solution of epsom salt and water to my face at night and just sleep with it on. Will this have the same affect as with the cotton pads?

MemberMember
(@annegwish)

Posted : 11/25/2008 9:17 pm

is this really healthy for your skin in the long-term?...i don't know anything about chemistry but i do know that you can kill a snail with salt. salt pulls all the moisture out of your skin, not just the pus/oil...seems to me it would be bad to use on your entire face all the time.

MemberMember
(@meeker128)

Posted : 08/30/2009 10:18 pm

I just wanted to add that epsom salts can help heal wounds in general. I think they don't put that on the packaging to avoid being sued if someone doesn't go to the doctor for a serious wound. I'm a groomer and I had a bad cat bite on my thumb and I was already taking antibiotics and it wasn't healing very quickly. I remembered an old groomer telling us to soak in epsom salts, and my healing turned around very quickly as soon as I started.

I wanted to say thank you to whoever bumped this because I'd never thought to use it on my face. I got carried away violently removing embedded dog hairs from my chin and neck a few days ago and really messed up my face very badly. I started soaking last night and it's already so much better. I'm hoping it will help draw out the hairs as well. :)

MemberMember
(@brissyguy)

Posted : 02/01/2010 9:42 am

Embedded dog hairs? How'd that happen!

Anyway I'm trialling epsom salts this week :)