Notifications
Clear all

How I've Become Acne Free

MemberMember
(@clear-forever)

Posted : 09/29/2014 1:27 pm

Hello everyone. I have previously been a suffererer from severe acne for the last few years now. I wanted to come on here today because I would like to help people who have suffered like I have and also to prevent others from having to go through the pain that some of us have had to deal with.

I have developed facial scarring from acne which has caused me even more considerable pain. However, I will get to that later and how I have been working through that challenge, and share what I believe has helped heal my skin enormously.

I will try to add the most important information to this post so that it is a little easier to read, and then expand on it through further posts, as well as my blog that I am creating to give people a resource to use in fighting their acne. Everything I know on acne is from researching on the internet for days upon days. I'm not a professional or claim to know everything. Far from it. I'm still learning and still trying to further my understanding.

Everything I post is what I have managed to understand about my own body. I urgently invite you to use my ideas and implement them in your own life because I believe with 100% of my heart that this will help you. Acne seems to come from a lot of different things but I believe what I'm sharing with you is the stem of the problem.

What I'm asking you to try WILL NOT BE EASY. It wasn't for me. You will have to sacrifice what you have grown accustomed to. However, I believe this has made me a better, stronger person.

One of the key ideas that has helped me battle through acne/scarring is that when you look at the problems in your life just like the plates on the barbell, you not only learn to accept these things, but you beg for them.

I post all of this with only the goal of helping as many people as possible. I'm sorry for the poor writing and any errors that you might find. I hope this helps you.

When I first started developing my acne, I was about 14 years old. It wasn't a concern to me for awhile until my parents became worried and sent me to the dermatologist.(I would like to add that as a kid I was restricted from eating different things because I had a fairly painful stomache ailment from eating certain foods as a kid.) I was prescribed antibiotics that for 6 months that cleared me until I got off of them and it would come back. They had me try numerous creams and laser therapy all to no avail.

My mother first introduced me to the idea of cleaning up my diet after she found it helped her to heal sicknesses all of different nature such as headaches, severe stomache pain, fatigue, and depression. The thought of her being able to see such significant iimprovement captured my attention, especially since Doctors had tried many things to heal her.

From then on I began trying to learn about food, health, what things the body needs and so forth. And then I came across this quote.

"All disease begins in the gut " - Hippocrates

What I learned after discovering that quote and doing further investigation, was the power of the human body through natural healing, and the huge role that the gut plays in the well being of the body.

I could write alot about this but to get to the point, I found that the foods that we as a vast majority of people eat, is not good for our bodies. To continually feed your body with foods that are not beneficial to your health, eventually causes problems.

In particular to acne, I found that things such as artificial ingredients, dairy, sugar, gluten and wheat containing foods, hydrogenated oils and fried foods, can cause your body and specifically your gut, extensive damage.

By cutting these things out along with avoiding simple carbs that quickly raise insulin and blood levels, I was able to see a reduction in acne breakouts. This took a good length of time for me before I could identify all the foods that my body wasn't responding to well.

I began to follow a more paleo diet, before eventually realizing that my years of damage to my body had created some weakness in my gut, allowing food sensitivities to have been created. Gluten was one of the foods that as a child growing up, I would immediately respond negatively to with a severe upset stomache.

I also noticed that my digestion was very sluggish and I would experience a good deal of digestion related issues such as flatulence, and constipation. I supplemented with digestive aiding pills like HCL + Pepsin and digestive enzymes. This began to help me.

So I continued to clean up my diet before I arrived to Paleo Auto-Immune which helped me greatly. I did this for 6 weeks and also added healing foods like homemade saurkraut for probiotics, bone broth, and added supplements like a food derived multivitamin, L-Glutamine, Magnesium and some extra zinc for awhile ( warning, if your like me, too much zinc causes a massive breakout, don't test your limits with zinc, add slowly. )

Most of this healing period has been within the last year when I have been on this diet. My inflammation is way down, and I only get zits from when I fall off the wagon. Things like pre-workout, whey protein, potatoes(because of the way simple carbs spike insulin and blood sugar-) (not sweet potatoes), too much fried foods and chocolate are my main struggles. The last 6 months or so my issue has really not been acne at all. I basically never have acne. My issue now has been healing my scars.

When I stay basic paleo and eat meat, vegetables, and complex carbs like sweet potatoes, squash, and other carbs that have alot of fiber, my skin is great. (If your body is very inflamed, cutting out pretty much all carbs besides certain vegetables is going to help alot because carbohydrates turn into sugar in the body which can signal inflammation)

The only thing I wash my face with is water. I tend to have very oily skin, especially because I workout, play basketball and other athletic sports.

My body has healed more now where I can eat some cookies or something in moderation. I CAN eat gluten again, without having any noticeable side effects. HOWEVER, I will NEVER, incorporate gluten back into my diet. Whether your sensitive to it or not, gluten effects everybody. Its a degenerative food that after time, damages your gut significantly. Some people add it back to there diets eventually and dont experience problems for a long period of time. It's up to you. Eventually though, it will pop up in some form of sickness.

And thats it guys. I eat to the benefit of my body. I recomend you learn about what your eating and follow a paleo-like diet. Theres so many online free resources, and ones that I will post to my blog soon. I will follow up in the next few days in this post or a new topic about what I'm using to heal my skin from the scars that were created. Skin does heal and my family and friends have commented on how my skin looks better and better! Please believe your body can heal itself if you give it the right oppurtunity and chance to.

Solving the root cause of your acne is HARD. I've suffered from severe depression as a result of my acne and scars. Each day though I make up my mind not to be a victim of acne but to fight it and heal myself. God has made our bodies incredible, and I can share stories of people who have been healed through much worse conditions than acne.

Keep fighting and I really hope this helps you.

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 09/29/2014 6:57 pm

Hello everyone. I have previously been a suffererer from severe acne for the last few years now. I wanted to come on here today because I would like to help people who have suffered like I have and also to prevent others from having to go through the pain that some of us have had to deal with.

I have developed facial scarring from acne which has caused me even more considerable pain. However, I will get to that later and how I have been working through that challenge, and share what I believe has helped heal my skin enormously.

I will try to add the most important information to this post so that it is a little easier to read, and then expand on it through further posts, as well as my blog that I am creating to give people a resource to use in fighting their acne. Everything I know on acne is from researching on the internet for days upon days. I'm not a professional or claim to know everything. Far from it. I'm still learning and still trying to further my understanding.

Everything I post is what I have managed to understand about my own body. I urgently invite you to use my ideas and implement them in your own life because I believe with 100% of my heart that this will help you. Acne seems to come from a lot of different things but I believe what I'm sharing with you is the stem of the problem.

What I'm asking you to try WILL NOT BE EASY. It wasn't for me. You will have to sacrifice what you have grown accustomed to. However, I believe this has made me a better, stronger person.

One of the key ideas that has helped me battle through acne/scarring is that when you look at the problems in your life just like the plates on the barbell, you not only learn to accept these things, but you beg for them.

I post all of this with only the goal of helping as many people as possible. I'm sorry for the poor writing and any errors that you might find. I hope this helps you.

When I first started developing my acne, I was about 14 years old. It wasn't a concern to me for awhile until my parents became worried and sent me to the dermatologist.(I would like to add that as a kid I was restricted from eating different things because I had a fairly painful stomache ailment from eating certain foods as a kid.) I was prescribed antibiotics that for 6 months that cleared me until I got off of them and it would come back. They had me try numerous creams and laser therapy all to no avail.

My mother first introduced me to the idea of cleaning up my diet after she found it helped her to heal sicknesses all of different nature such as headaches, severe stomache pain, fatigue, and depression. The thought of her being able to see such significant iimprovement captured my attention, especially since Doctors had tried many things to heal her.

From then on I began trying to learn about food, health, what things the body needs and so forth. And then I came across this quote.

"All disease begins in the gut " - Hippocrates

What I learned after discovering that quote and doing further investigation, was the power of the human body through natural healing, and the huge role that the gut plays in the well being of the body.

I could write alot about this but to get to the point, I found that the foods that we as a vast majority of people eat, is not good for our bodies. To continually feed your body with foods that are not beneficial to your health, eventually causes problems.

In particular to acne, I found that things such as artificial ingredients, dairy, sugar, gluten and wheat containing foods, hydrogenated oils and fried foods, can cause your body and specifically your gut, extensive damage.

By cutting these things out along with avoiding simple carbs that quickly raise insulin and blood levels, I was able to see a reduction in acne breakouts. This took a good length of time for me before I could identify all the foods that my body wasn't responding to well.

I began to follow a more paleo diet, before eventually realizing that my years of damage to my body had created some weakness in my gut, allowing food sensitivities to have been created. Gluten was one of the foods that as a child growing up, I would immediately respond negatively to with a severe upset stomache.

I also noticed that my digestion was very sluggish and I would experience a good deal of digestion related issues such as flatulence, and constipation. I supplemented with digestive aiding pills like HCL + Pepsin and digestive enzymes. This began to help me.

So I continued to clean up my diet before I arrived to Paleo Auto-Immune which helped me greatly. I did this for 6 weeks and also added healing foods like homemade saurkraut for probiotics, bone broth, and added supplements like a food derived multivitamin, L-Glutamine, Magnesium and some extra zinc for awhile ( warning, if your like me, too much zinc causes a massive breakout, don't test your limits with zinc, add slowly. )

Most of this healing period has been within the last year when I have been on this diet. My inflammation is way down, and I only get zits from when I fall off the wagon. Things like pre-workout, whey protein, potatoes(because of the way simple carbs spike insulin and blood sugar-) (not sweet potatoes), too much fried foods and chocolate are my main struggles. The last 6 months or so my issue has really not been acne at all. I basically never have acne. My issue now has been healing my scars.

When I stay basic paleo and eat meat, vegetables, and complex carbs like sweet potatoes, squash, and other carbs that have alot of fiber, my skin is great. (If your body is very inflamed, cutting out pretty much all carbs besides certain vegetables is going to help alot because carbohydrates turn into sugar in the body which can signal inflammation)

The only thing I wash my face with is water. I tend to have very oily skin, especially because I workout, play basketball and other athletic sports.

My body has healed more now where I can eat some cookies or something in moderation. I CAN eat gluten again, without having any noticeable side effects. HOWEVER, I will NEVER, incorporate gluten back into my diet. Whether your sensitive to it or not, gluten effects everybody. Its a degenerative food that after time, damages your gut significantly. Some people add it back to there diets eventually and dont experience problems for a long period of time. It's up to you. Eventually though, it will pop up in some form of sickness.

And thats it guys. I eat to the benefit of my body. I recomend you learn about what your eating and follow a paleo-like diet. Theres so many online free resources, and ones that I will post to my blog soon. I will follow up in the next few days in this post or a new topic about what I'm using to heal my skin from the scars that were created. Skin does heal and my family and friends have commented on how my skin looks better and better! Please believe your body can heal itself if you give it the right oppurtunity and chance to.

Solving the root cause of your acne is HARD. I've suffered from severe depression as a result of my acne and scars. Each day though I make up my mind not to be a victim of acne but to fight it and heal myself. God has made our bodies incredible, and I can share stories of people who have been healed through much worse conditions than acne.

Keep fighting and I really hope this helps you.

maybe it works for u but i dont think it works for every1.

also, how do u explain the fact there are so many people that eat so much junk everyday and never get acne?

and how do u treat ur scars??? u didnt really say...

MemberMember
(@clear-forever)

Posted : 09/30/2014 10:23 am

I believe that this will indeed work for everyone and if not, then a large majority. Like Hippocrates said in the quote I posted, I believe all disease stems from the gut. Some people's genetics are less predisposed to having acne. However, at some point I believe eating unhealthily with catch up to you eventually. It could be in the form of something else.

Acne does not effect non-westernernized societies. This leads me to very much believe in the food/gut-skin correlation.

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 09/30/2014 4:04 pm

I believe that this will indeed work for everyone and if not, then a large majority. Like Hippocrates said in the quote I posted, I believe all disease stems from the gut. Some people's genetics are less predisposed to having acne. However, at some point I believe eating unhealthily with catch up to you eventually. It could be in the form of something else.

Acne does not effect non-westernernized societies. This leads me to very much believe in the food/gut-skin correlation.

how do u treat ur scars???

MemberMember
(@kay789)

Posted : 09/30/2014 8:45 pm

I'm working on similar dietary changes now.

How long did it take for your diet to effect your skin? When did you start seeing results? When did you achieve being mostly clear?

MemberMember
(@michelle-smith)

Posted : 10/01/2014 6:37 am

Hi,

I had been suffering from Acne scars for a year now. I had been trying home remedies from time to time. There was improvement but the marks were not completely going off. This started affecting my self confidence and I stopped going out with my friends. Few of my friends got upset with me and researched for me on this.

They had come across a chemical peel called Skin Culture peel which has been around for 75 years and had recieved great feedback from the users. Hence, they bought the product and surprised me with it. I took precautions and applied it per the instructions once every week for 2 months. Post that I started using 20%Salicylic acid chemical gel. When i started off I used to leave it on only for a minute, but after 2 months I left it for a maximum of 5 minutes.

Now, I can confidently say that it worked and I am hardly at home now a days. I also hear Fruit acid gel, lactic acid gel also works brilliantly for lightening the scars. Hope my story helped.

Thanks for reading in advance!

MemberMember
(@winenotwhine)

Posted : 11/29/2014 11:25 pm

I do agree that diet DOES have a connection with skin but I don't think that it is the ROOT cause of acne. Acne can be hormonal or because your skin is too dry or too oily.