Notifications
Clear all

Need Supplement Help

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/07/2014 11:48 am

I am not a believer in pills whether natural or man made. I used to think that supplements were the magic cure to controlling my acne but alas, it hasn't (nor do i expect it to). I have cleaned up my diet for the most part with little improvement to my skin and i recently started juicing (under a month now) so we'll see if it helps. What i would like is recommendations on taking zinc and borage oil to help things along. I take vitamin D as i am low (as per my doc) and magnesium which has absolutely helped me with my stress/anxiety/sleep. I tried zinc previously with no results so should i try it again? What brand and dosage. Also, i can't use cod liver oil and fish oil never helped so whats your take on borage oil - what dosage? Would you recommend it.

Thanks for the input

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/09/2014 9:45 am

A response would be appreciated

Thanks

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 07/09/2014 3:43 pm

I personally have had limited results with Zinc. The cheaper forms caused gi distress, and terrible nightmares.

If I was to do it again I would suggest ZMA I think it's called or zinc picolinate? Both I believe are better used and absorbed by the body. Avoid competing minerals like iron, calcium in high doses is necessary for absorption.

I know in this section of the boards there is an old thread on zinc on which kinds to take and such.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/09/2014 5:25 pm

I personally have had limited results with Zinc. The cheaper forms caused gi distress, and terrible nightmares.

If I was to do it again I would suggest ZMA I think it's called or zinc picolinate? Both I believe are better used and absorbed by the body. Avoid competing minerals like iron, calcium in high doses is necessary for absorption.

I know in this section of the boards there is an old thread on zinc on which kinds to take and such.

Thanks for the response! That's the kind that i ordered too. I was using another kind but it didn't help in the least so back to the drawing board

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 07/09/2014 6:30 pm

I'm not super knowledgeable about supplements, but I'll answer anyway :)

I really like vitamin C, but it's not a miracle worker. Some supplements I've heard may be helpful are berberine and inositol. I haven't tried these because I'm afraid of hair loss. So many things seem to make my hair fall out!