Notifications
Clear all

How To Heal Red Marks And Hyperpigmentation?

MemberMember
(@karna)

Posted : 04/21/2014 1:58 am

Helle everybody,

My back and neck is covered with red marks and hyperpigmentation all over and it takes forever for it to heal. We are talking months and probably years also. My face is not so bad, maybe because i use moisturizers there but i find it is too expensive too use on my back/neck + I easily break out from topicals, even if it is ok on my face. So my question is:

Do you know of any holistic methods that i can use that will heal old red marks on my bach, neck and chest and not cause new break outs?

I have tried almond oil and oat meal. It does not break me out but it does not promote the healing process either.

I would really apreciate any help and input from you. It is difficult to deal with for me especially in summer time where it is too hot to cover my back and neck with clothes. Thanks in advance.

MemberMember
(@gurlfromafrica)

Posted : 04/21/2014 2:44 am

Hi there! i have almost the same problem, a friend of mine suggested trying calamine lotion and leaving it on for an hour then washing it off..i've been using it on my face for a few days now..it sure is making it less itchy and much cooler..give it a try :)

But ofcourse patch test it first! Just to make sure you're not allergic to it!

MemberMember
(@karna)

Posted : 04/21/2014 9:34 am

Thanks - I"ll give it a try and see if it works for me.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/21/2014 4:44 pm

Try safflower oil instead because it's higher in linoleic acid. And mix up a niacinimide & glucosamine capsule in some aloe Vera. See the helping your skin function thread for more info.

MemberMember
(@karna)

Posted : 04/21/2014 11:26 pm

Thanks Alternativista, I"ll see if safflower oil will make a difference on my skin. Would that be possible to use on my face as well? Do any of you have experiences with that?

I have tried aloe vera several times, even bought a plant, but for some reason it does not do a thing for me. And I sooooo much would like it to work, but it just doesn't.

Could I put the B3 vitamin and glucosamine in the oil or is that a bad combination?

During the past 5 years (I am 36 now) I have noticed that my skins healing ability has decreased a lot. Even a simple mosquito bite can take months for the red mark to fade. It concerns me and I am a bit worried that all my acne has eaten up the the "healing ingrediens" in my body. I once supplemented with zinc but i felt nauseaus taking it so i stopped again. I eat reasonably healthy at least good enough to keep my acne under control but it seems as if it is not good enough to promote the healing proces in my body. Do any of you have suggestions how I can regain my former healing abilities?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/22/2014 11:39 am

Thanks Alternativista, I"ll see if safflower oil will make a difference on my skin. Would that be possible to use on my face as well? Do any of you have experiences with that?

I have tried aloe vera several times, even bought a plant, but for some reason it does not do a thing for me. And I sooooo much would like it to work, but it just doesn't.

Could I put the B3 vitamin and glucosamine in the oil or is that a bad combination?

During the past 5 years (I am 36 now) I have noticed that my skins healing ability has decreased a lot. Even a simple mosquito bite can take months for the red mark to fade. It concerns me and I am a bit worried that all my acne has eaten up the the "healing ingrediens" in my body. I once supplemented with zinc but i felt nauseaus taking it so i stopped again. I eat reasonably healthy at least good enough to keep my acne under control but it seems as if it is not good enough to promote the healing proces in my body. Do any of you have suggestions how I can regain my former healing abilities?

By itself, you probably wouldn't notice aloe doing much. That would be one of the reasons your commercial moisturizers have a million ingredients. (And if they have mineral/petroleum oils & emulsifyers, they aren't actually helping, just temporarily making it seem like they work, but keeping you coming back for more.)

Use it as a mixer as I described. And yes, you can add the oil. that's what I do.I add a little turmeric & green tea too. Plus use the oil by itself.

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 04/23/2014 6:50 am

I have two masks to suggest you. Mix turmeric powder with yoghurt and honey and leave on for more than half an hour, as long as you like. Use yoghurt with licorice powder as well. You can add some essential oil drops if you like. I use lavender and geranium. Leave it the longest you can.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/23/2014 10:13 am

The yogurt masks are good for boosting ceramides & exfoliation. Turmeric, licorice, & honey good for acne & other skin conditions. But I don't know that they'd help with hyperpigmentation. Other than the exfoliation from the lactic acid & the soothing anti-inflammatory properties which would reduce 'active' redness.. But then again, on hair forums, they say honey is mildly bleaching, so maybe it helps that way..

The linoleic acid, niacinimide & glucosamine I mentioned, amongst other things, reduce hyperpigmentation by inhibiting melatonin & such. Niacinimide is also an effective acne treatment. As is the linoleic acid.

MemberMember
(@dscully)

Posted : 04/25/2014 1:45 pm

Exfoliation and time are the only things that will definitely, really, truly get rid of hyperpigmentation. To help your tissues heal, I recommend upping vitamin A, E, and D intake, as well as taking a gelatin supplement. I buy bulk porcine gelatin (pastured, organic), and add a few tbsp to all soups, broths, and savory dishes that I eat. It also works great for making homemade jellos from juices without all the sugar! Good luck!