Notifications
Clear all

Falling Off The Wagon.....getting Back On The Horse

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/19/2014 10:35 am

Hi all. I've come here today for some straight to the point advice. I have acne and even though it is somewhat controlled, i am hoping to get off the regimen in the foreseeable future. I want my health to be at its best before i do that so can people just list foods and lifestyle changes i can make. I am already dairy and gluten free and i have incorporated green smoothies once a day for over 2 years now. I have never had my acne clear up from diet but i want to be healthier regardless of if my acne clears up or not.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/19/2014 11:21 am

Acne can be caused due to issues in the gut and digestion.... it seems like you have a good diet if you are mostly paleo, but maybe all the stuff you list on your signature that you took for acne in the past could have taken their toll on your body. I would say work on improving your overall health, especially if you notice any physical issues emerging.

To get off BP, you'll need to wean off slowly and try to rebalance your skin's acid mantle. Switch to a cleanser that says "balancing" or "restoring" to make sure your skin doesn't freak out when you no longer use BP.