Notifications
Clear all

Loosing Hair? Really Worried

MemberMember
(@hawaii4life)

Posted : 01/29/2014 1:11 am

So recently I've been washing my hair once a day with water then alternating and washing it with shampoo (every other day rotation pretty much) And about the past three days when I've been rinsing (only with the shampoo as far as I can remember) and the shampoo does have quite a few chemicals in it which I should not be using....Anyway back to the point when I've been rinsing my hair about 10-12 strands of hair seem to end up on my hand. Its really worrying me, and I've even asked my mom if shes notices my hair getting thinner or not.

-Supplement wise I have been taking a product called Blue ice Royal (Fermented cod oil/Butter oil) along side a vitamin b complex every morning. I was on Isotrenoin about 3 years ago but stopped after about a 3 weeks in because I was getting pretty harsh side effects. Im starting to make the conclusion that the Blue Ice royal supplement has maybe to high of a fat soluble concentration of Vitamin A and Ive read isotretenoin takes years to get out of your system. Anyway just my theory but still having a panic attack because I really dont want to go bald lol.

-If anyone has any advice or insight I'd greatly appreciate it, Thanks!

MemberMember
(@dolan-duck)

Posted : 01/29/2014 3:44 am

Oh come on, never heard of male pattern baldness?? Don't blame isotretinoin or some supplements, male pattern baldness is normal thing in a lot of men's life, get used to it buddy.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 01/29/2014 9:44 am

Yeah the vitamin A in the cod liver oil combined with accutane usage could have something to do with it. Maybe you should stop taking the cod liver oil.

MemberMember
(@hawaii4life)

Posted : 01/31/2014 12:20 am

Yeah the vitamin A in the cod liver oil combined with accutane usage could have something to do with it. Maybe you should stop taking the cod liver oil.

Yea, I feel like I should stop taking the Cod liver oil for a bit and see if that stops the hair loss. I dont know what else would be causing it

Oh come on, never heard of male pattern baldness?? Don't blame isotretinoin or some supplements, male pattern baldness is normal thing in a lot of men's life, get used to it buddy.

And I am very aware of male pattern baldness however at 17 I don't think this should be of my concern. But thank you for your advice.

MemberMember
(@graceface12)

Posted : 02/01/2014 5:36 pm

try to take some biotin supplements if you can and include more protein in your diet! See if you can switch fish oil brands to one w/o vitamin a in it or you could get your omegas from a plant based food such as extra virgin olive oil.

MemberMember
(@hawaii4life)

Posted : 02/01/2014 10:35 pm

try to take some biotin supplements if you can and include more protein in your diet! See if you can switch fish oil brands to one w/o vitamin a in it or you could get your omegas from a plant based food such as extra virgin olive oil.

Thanks! I will look into biotin as I've heard great things about it. And ironically enough since I've stopped taking the Cod oil no hair loss.

MemberMember
(@marie4u)

Posted : 02/05/2014 8:52 am

same problem was with me but i have started to use only soap for hairs. now my hairs stopped falling. i m serious plz try it.