Notifications
Clear all

My Story, My Changed Life And My Clear Skin

MemberMember
(@dylonspythotfyre)

Posted : 01/29/2014 11:40 am

There is a test for Beet Sugar. That is a good alternative as long you don't have a immune response to Beets .

Beet sugar gives you the same table sugar as cane sugar. This is sucrose.

As for Fructose Syrup, it comes from Corn which there is also a test for. By the way, not 1 person I've tested has come back positive to Corn.

The negative effects of high fructose corn syrup consumption are not a corn "sensitivity." Rather, the negative effects of chronic sugar consumption are mediated by the higher levels of blood sugar over a long period of time.

Ps. There is a reason the top 3 labs in the country offer over 65 food allergy/sensitivity tests.

The reason is that people are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on unscientific lab work and so this industry has seen a boom. The vast majority of these labs test for IgG sensitivity which does not indicate food "allergies." IgE is the antibody responsible for triggering allergic reactions, not IgG. I can have IgG sensitivities to foods and have absolutely no reaction to these foods when I consume them.

pss... most of the research is done on mice and do you know for sure all they ate was Sugar only the whole time?

American people are an excellent research pool to study the long term effects of sugar consumption. We can see the elevated rates of diabetes, cardiovascular disease, stroke, kidney failure, limb amputations, and diabetic retinopathy without having to do any tests on mice. When we use mice in experiments, it is to test our understanding of the molecular mechanisms behind diabetes and diabetes-related complications.

And no, subjects in diabetes research would not eat only sugar the whole time. Sugar consumption by itself without protein, water, and fat intake would be deadly.

Also Wheat has been proven to raise glucose levels in humans.

Wheat and wheat products have a significant amount of carbohydrates, so it should not surprise you that their consumption affects blood glucose levels.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/29/2014 1:58 pm

I can have IgG sensitivities to foods and have absolutely no reaction to these foods when I consume them.

No immediate reaction that you notice. It causes a delayed response that can be the mystery ailments people never get any help for, like fatigue, asthma, headaches. And acne.

Also, on the other hand. The foods Virgin, SDR Wellness and many, many, many other nutrionists and doctors (so many it's pretty near common knowledge) recommend removing from the diet are also the biggest sources of lectins. something Cordain is a fanatic about. Following the Paleo diet means you avoid most sources of antinutrient lectins. Especially if are fanatical and avoid new world foods which means you avoid nightshades. And Cordain considers lectins to be a huge factor in acne, claiming they inhibit the ZAG enzyme involved in dissolving the intracellular matrix that binds our skin cells together so that they can exfoliate freely without clogging pores.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/29/2014 3:22 pm

She, like everyone else, is guessing sugar is "bad". The lab I use does not have a test for Cane Sugar or Salt even. Both are necessary to our bodies function which is why I would guess we don't have an immune response to them and therefore no need for the allergy test because there are no antibodies to find.

Sugar gets a bad rap because of soda. I don't even think they put real sugar in soda anymore. Pepsi has a line with real sugar in it but it has a different taste to it.

???? That's insane. She is not guessing sugar is "bad." Sugar gets a bad rap because the massive amounts of sugar in the diet today is poison! Added sugar is bad. I'm sorry, but you can not call your self a wellness expert if you do not recognize the harm of consuming more sugar than your cells can/will take in. And with our sedentary lifestyles these days, that isn't much. Our body thrives on the amount of sugar we would take in if we hadn't invented ways to add sugar to our foods. In other words, if we ate a Paleo type diet.

MemberMember
(@sdr-wellnesscoach)

Posted : 01/29/2014 3:56 pm

Sigh. So many silly arguments in here. Complicating things that aren't complicated.

This is why i dont recommend any diet with a name. Eat real, whole nutrient dense foods, more anti-inflammatory foods than inflammatory, in low to moderate glycemic load meals/drinks/snacks that don't include anything you have an intolerance for. You can do that as a vegan, vegetarian or whatever.

Eating paleo doesn't mean you eat foods you are intolerant to. You should not eat things you have an intolerance for. Period. Although your intolerances might go away as you avoid foods that harm the digestive tract and eat foods with nutrients that help the body function. Test once in a while by trying them.

I've seen Virgin's hours long presentation aired in PBS pledge drives. She does NOT claim, as you have been here, that food intolerance is the one and only cause of the chronic inflammation that is the root cause of most disease.

>

I didn't say she said that. She also doesn't have access to the testing I have. What she does is have people eliminate the most common allergens

ockquote>

She has them eliminate Common allergens AND other pro-nflammatory foods such as sugar.

>

She, like everyone else, is guessing sugar is "bad". The lab I use does not have a test for Cane Sugar or Salt even. Both are necessary to our bodies function which is why I would guess we don't have an immune response to them and therefore no need for the allergy test because there are no antibodies to find.

Sugar gets a bad rap because of soda. I don't even think they put real sugar in soda anymore. Pepsi has a line with real sugar in it but it has a different taste to it.

???? That's insane. Sugar gets a bad rap because the massive amounts of sugar in the diet today is poison! I'm sorry, but you can not call your self a wellness expert if you do not recognize the harm of consuming more sugar than your cells can/will take in.

like I said before, I don't guess. I need to see it come from isolated research. I need to see it show up from tests performed by a reputable lab, not some online lab with no track record. I consume lots of sugar, I don't have any issues. I have lab results to back up my claims all ordered by a doctor. Does anyone else?

Ps... I waiting on my DNA tests results to arrive, that should list sugar if it's a problem or any other foods including the ones I know about.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/29/2014 4:19 pm

Sigh. So many silly arguments in here. Complicating things that aren't complicated.

This is why i dont recommend any diet with a name. Eat real, whole nutrient dense foods, more anti-inflammatory foods than inflammatory, in low to moderate glycemic load meals/drinks/snacks that don't include anything you have an intolerance for. You can do that as a vegan, vegetarian or whatever.

Eating paleo doesn't mean you eat foods you are intolerant to. You should not eat things you have an intolerance for. Period. Although your intolerances might go away as you avoid foods that harm the digestive tract and eat foods with nutrients that help the body function. Test once in a while by trying them.

I've seen Virgin's hours long presentation aired in PBS pledge drives. She does NOT claim, as you have been here, that food intolerance is the one and only cause of the chronic inflammation that is the root cause of most disease.

&gt

;

I didn't say she said that. She also doesn't have access to the testing I have. What she does is have people eliminate the most common allergens

ockquote>

She has them eliminate Common allergens AND other pro-nflammatory foods such as sugar.

>lockquote>She, like everyone else, is guessing sugar is "bad". The lab I use does not have a test for Cane Sugar or Salt even. Both are necessary to our bodies function which is why I would guess we don't have an immune response to them and therefore no need for the allergy test because there are no antibodies to find.

???? That's insane. Sugar gets a bad rap because the massive amounts of sugar in the diet today is poison! I'm sorry, but you can not call your self a wellness expert if you do not recognize the harm of consuming more sugar than your cells can/will take in.

like I said before, I don't guess. I need to see it come from isolated research. I need to see it show up from tests performed by a reputable lab, not some online lab with no track record. I consume lots of sugar, I don't have any issues. I have lab results to back up my claims all ordered by a doctor. Does anyone else?

Ps... I waiting on my DNA tests results to arrive, that should list sugar if it's a problem or any other foods including the ones I know about.

What??????? There are thousands of studies on the post prandial effects of excess sugar.

MemberMember
(@sdr-wellnesscoach)

Posted : 01/29/2014 5:48 pm

>

ockquote>

>lockquote>

What??????? There are thousands of studies on the post prandial effects of excess sugar.

Again, are they controlled studies were the participants eat only sugar? Where they tested for a IgE, IgG, IgA, or IgM immune response to sugar? I already know the answer. People do not eat sugar out of a sugar bowl and less than 1% of the population have been tested for Food sensitivities.

Every client I had get tested comeback positive for over 20 food Allergy/sensitivities. It's also out of only 68 foods. I don't even test for additives or preservatives.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 01/30/2014 9:25 am

Why would there be antibodies to sugar?

Sugar exerts its detrimental effects via routes other than allergy/sensitivity.

...Oh right I forgot you think that every human condition in existence is caused by food intolerance :/

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/30/2014 9:29 am

Why would there be antibodies to sugar?

Sugar exerts its detrimental effects via routes other than allergy/sensitivity.

...Oh right I forgot you think that every human condition in existence is caused by food intolerance :/

Extremely detrimental effects.

MemberMember
(@dylonspythotfyre)

Posted : 01/30/2014 1:27 pm

No immediate reaction that you notice. It causes a delayed response that can be the mystery ailments people never get any help for, like fatigue, asthma, headaches. And acne.

Also, on the other hand. The foods Virgin, SDR Wellness and many, many, many other nutrionists and doctors (so many it's pretty near common knowledge) recommend removing from the diet are also the biggest sources of lectins. something Cordain is a fanatic about. Following the Paleo diet means you avoid most sources of antinutrient lectins. Especially if are fanatical and avoid new world foods which means you avoid nightshades. And Cordain considers lectins to be a huge factor in acne, claiming they inhibit the ZAG enzyme involved in dissolving the intracellular matrix that binds our skin cells together so that they can exfoliate freely without clogging pores.

Hm, I need to do more research on the subject and get back to you. But from my recollection IgG simply activates the complement system. It opsonizes the foreign antigen and then a phagocytic cell engulfs the antigen, digests it, and then releases it. As far as I know there it is not an inflammatory reaction that coincides with this process.

IgG is present in small amounts in all bodily fluids. That being said, when you consume food, the large carbohydrates are broken down to their simple monomers and dimers, the proteins are broken down to their substituent amino acids, and the fats are broken down to monoglycerides and fatty acids. These basic units are universally fundamental in some ways and they are ubiquitous throughout the body. They are also small. They should not initiate any immune reaction because of their size and because of their fundamental necessity to humans. If any antibodies were made to these molecules, they would be weeded out in the selection process.

That being said, some humans occasionally develop leaky gut when they are sick or when they have certain parasitic infections in their gut. The leaky gut goes away, but for a short time the gut becomes more permeable and medium sized molecules may be able to diffuse through to the blood stream. This could initiate an immune recognition and this recognition is saved for future encounters. The next time you consume that food, it might be that IgG will opsonize some of the medium size molecules (speculation)? And then the phagocytes would engulf the medium sized molecules, continue the digestion process, and then release the contents back into the stomach for absorption.

The body has many safety features and it may be that the above is incorrect, and the simple explanation is that IgG is unable to bind things in the stomach because the acidic environment might change its conformation. By the time you reach the intestines, there is less acidity, but the molecules are also much smaller/more digested and therefore IgG does not recognize any of the molecules.

Like I said, I should look into it more. But my knee-jerk guess from recollection is that IgG is not going to induce a dramatic inflammatory reaction from the food you consume.

PS I don't know too much about lectins and their correlation with breakouts. I'll have to research that too.

MemberMember
(@danthenewworld)

Posted : 01/30/2014 2:24 pm

bumped into this guy videos http://www.youtube.com/user/HolisticHealthJ

basically he tried best food sources for a year with no results, saw a naturopath went paleo for 4months ..nothing, did food allergy test recommended by a good doctor, found he ate a lot of them regularelly. elliminated them for a month i think, i don't remember the video, ..very little results. doctor put him thru detox (wtf..), this got him an infection. doctor said it's normal. they stopped detox and he's left with gut infection and a very severe chronic fatigue syndrome. (personally i think it's depression, but they say it's that infection).

it moves you how optimistic the guy is in all these treatment stages he went thru, and they always ended with bad scenario results.

he also seems to have "visited" the gym and that exploded his acne. and interestingly, like i suspected (for most males with acne), the lab results showed he has testosterone deficiency.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/30/2014 7:56 pm

Hm, I need to do more research on the subject and get back to you. But from my recollection IgG simply activates the complement system. It opsonizes the foreign antigen and then a phagocytic cell engulfs the antigen, digests it, and then releases it. As far as I know there it is not an inflammatory reaction that coincides with this process.

IgG is present in small amounts in all bodily fluids. That being said, when you consume food, the large carbohydrates are broken down to their simple monomers and dimers, the proteins are broken down to their substituent amino acids, and the fats are broken down to monoglycerides and fatty acids. These basic units are universally fundamental in some ways and they are ubiquitous throughout the body. They are also small. They should not initiate any immune reaction because of their size and because of their fundamental necessity to humans. If any antibodies were made to these molecules, they would be weeded out in the selection process.

That being said, some humans occasionally develop leaky gut when they are sick or when they have certain parasitic infections in their gut. The leaky gut goes away, but for a short time the gut becomes more permeable and medium sized molecules may be able to diffuse through to the blood stream. This could initiate an immune recognition and this recognition is saved for future encounters. The next time you consume that food, it might be that IgG will opsonize some of the medium size molecules (speculation)? And then the phagocytes would engulf the medium sized molecules, continue the digestion process, and then release the contents back into the stomach for absorption.

The body has many safety features and it may be that the above is incorrect, and the simple explanation is that IgG is unable to bind things in the stomach because the acidic environment might change its conformation. By the time you reach the intestines, there is less acidity, but the molecules are also much smaller/more digested and therefore IgG does not recognize any of the molecules.

Like I said, I should look into it more. But my knee-jerk guess from recollection is that IgG is not going to induce a dramatic inflammatory reaction from the food you consume.

PS I don't know too much about lectins and their correlation with breakouts. I'll have to research that too.

I get cysts the day after I consume oranges. No other noticeable inflammatory response. Researchers say a type III delayed response tends to be at the root of acne formation.

And we have a lectin/zag enzyme thread. Find it via the good things threa.

MemberMember
(@faithbox)

Posted : 01/30/2014 10:36 pm

lets see pics then. eat 4 oranges :)

MemberMember
(@dylonspythotfyre)

Posted : 01/31/2014 1:02 am

I get cysts the day after I consume oranges. No other noticeable inflammatory response. Researchers say a type III delayed response tends to be at the root of acne formation.

Type III is usually characterized by complement activating in small areas like blood vessels, joints, and the kidney's. Complement will continue to bind antigen over a period of time (thus the delayed response) and phagocytic cells will be unable to engulf the complement-antigen complex because the small space will sterically hinder the binding site of the complex. The complex will continue to grow creating an inflammatory response and attracting a variety of inflammatory immune cells.

The intestinal lumen, by comparison is very large. I don't think you would have complement activation in the lower intestinal lumen because, by that time, everything will have been digested into their small monomer units. In the upper GI tract, assuming you have IgG mediated complement activation, the lumen is so large that a type III hypersensitivity reaction would not occur because the complement-antigen complex would be so small in comparison to the lumen space that it would not get "stuck" so to speak.

And we have a lectin/zag enzyme thread. Find it via the good things threa.

Will definitely give it a good read.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 02/01/2014 3:41 pm

lets see pics then. eat 4 oranges :)

Are you talking to me? If so, the answer s no. I won't be eating one slice of one orange.