Notifications
Clear all

Glycemic Index Help!

MemberMember
(@hawaii4life)

Posted : 01/08/2014 10:03 pm

Hey everyone so I've seen multiple studies now that show that insulin is a huge factor in terms of causing acne. So I would like to find out what I can do to lower my insulin? Or at least keep it steady without having sudden sugar spikes ex.)

Does anyone know of a good or easy to start out GI diet that I could start?

Ive been eating alot better since I was 14 (17 now) and i mean ALOT better. However I have changed my diet but I would like to be able to change everything in my power to ensure diet is not having an effect on my acne and one of those on my lists is eating foods that are low on the GI. Anyway if anyone has any knowledge on the "Official" chart and where i could find low GI foods to prep i would really appreciate it! Thanks!

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/09/2014 9:07 am

Hey everyone so I've seen multiple studies now that show that insulin is a huge factor in terms of causing acne. So I would like to find out what I can do to lower my insulin? Or at least keep it steady without having sudden sugar spikes ex.)

Ive been eating alot better since I was 14 (17 now) and i mean ALOT better. However I have changed my diet but I would like to be able to change everything in my power to ensure diet is not having an effect on my acne and one of those on my lists is eating foods that are low on the GI. Anyway if anyone has any knowledge on the "Official" chart and where i could find low GI foods to prep i would really appreciate it! Thanks!

It wouldn't hurt to look at a chart as there could be uprising to you, such as the high glycemic impact of bread, white or whole grain. But after that, you don't need it. It's the glycemic impact of the whole meal that matters. Just eat mostly real food filled itch nutrients that help your body manage blood sugar.

1) don't drink sugar and that includes juices. If you must, they should be with a meal of fat & fiber to lower the glycemic impact.

2) limit things made with flour, added sugar etc.

3) limit dairy. Don't drink milk. Dairy is high in insulinemic amino acids that stimulate insulin directly. And that's just one of many ways dairy is bad for acne.

4) how & how long starches or cooked affects their GI. Boiled potatoes is higher than baked. The longer pasta is boiled the higher it gets.

Also, be active daily & sleep well. Keep as natural as possible a circadian cycle.

MemberMember
(@hawaii4life)

Posted : 01/09/2014 1:13 pm

It wouldn't hurt to look at a chart as there could be uprising to you, such as the high glycemic impact of bread, white or whole grain. But after that, you don't need it. It's the glycemic impact of the whole meal that matters. Just eat mostly real food filled itch nutrients that help your body manage blood sugar.

1) don't drink sugar and that includes juices. If you must, they should be with a meal of fat & fiber to lower the glycemic impact.

2) limit things made with flour, added sugar etc.

3) limit dairy. Don't drink milk. Dairy is high in insulinemic amino acids that stimulate insulin directly. And that's just one of many ways dairy is bad for acne.

4) how & how long starches or cooked affects their GI. Boiled potatoes is higher than baked. The longer pasta is boiled the higher it gets.

Also, be active daily & sleep well. Keep as natural as possible a circadian cycle.

Ok thank you im going to a natural farmers market soon and I will be picking up lots of nutrient rich foods!