Notifications
Clear all

Some Questions

MemberMember
(@sustakp)

Posted : 01/07/2014 8:39 pm

Hi,

Its been about 9 months since I started the holistic route. I am about 95% clear now.

There are weeks where my skin is absolutely flawless. But at other times it is not clear. I did cheat around thanksgiving with eating desserts on the indian new year, and I cheated repeatedly for few days. December was payback time and I got 4 inflamed pimples. Typically I seem to be getting 1 or 2 inflamed acne at the most in a month, which is much better than my 50 active ones at one time which were deep and painful.

I identified citrus as an acne trigger for me. However last month between moving homes (will get a cooktop in my new home only this weekend)and travelling , I have had to eat out for almost 20 days now (From Dec18th). Though I eat healthy still, I am not able to be as strictly as I want to about lemons, limes other citrus being used in some food. I am getting minor breakouts, though they seem to heal quickly. Is there something I can do about this?

Also I have quite a bit of peach fuzz on my face, so I wax it. Threading is an absolute no for me as I really breakout bad. But with waxing I seem to get some small whiteheads which last couple of days and go.

Anything I can do about it?

I use an AHA cleanser at night and wash my face in the morning in the shower with just water.

I follow a strict routine of going to bed by 10pm and awake at 6:30am. Did the travelling which was a time shift by few hours upset my cycle?

I pretty much drink only water and herbal teas.

follow a strict lotsa veggies and fruits diet, with rice, lentils, veggies in 1 of 3 meals, oats/lentils/ greens in one meal, and one meal with only lentils and veggies.

I snack on almonds, pumpkin seeds, dates.

Only dairy I consume is homemmade raw goat milk yogurt.

I walk for about 40-45 mins a day.

I really want to go from 95%clear to 100% clear. But I dont know what should I change up.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 01/07/2014 9:01 pm

Your diet sounds good to me. Maybe you could try cutting out dairy completely? I think the waxing would irritate a lot of people's skin. Is there any way you can take a break from that and see what happens? Also maybe try running your cleanser through cosdna or comparing the ingredients to the list here http://www.sageskincare.com/Articles.asp?ID=255 to make sure it is not breaking you out.

MemberMember
(@sdr-wellnesscoach)

Posted : 01/07/2014 9:59 pm

You identified citrus, so just focus on keeping it out of your diet. That has got to be a lot easier to avoid then Wheat and I'm doing fine.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/07/2014 11:00 pm

You identified citrus, so just focus on keeping it out of your diet. That has got to be a lot easier to avoid then Wheat and I'm doing fine.

Yeah, I suppose it is easier than avoiding gluten, but its nearly impossible to convince family members that you can't have the orange juice they serve for the big family breakfast or that you can't eat the grapefruit from their trees. It took me going on 20 years to get my mother to accept it. Or the punch or mimosas at the wedding.

Also, there isn't much to drink at breakfast when eating out at most places or at conferences, business meeting when you don't drink bad coffee and don't want a hot drink. If only hibiscus tea, the best kept secret in the beverage world would catch on.

Op, the thing to do about most intolerances is avoid them. Although I can have lemons & Persian limes without a problem.