Notifications
Clear all

Quick Question Guys

MemberMember
(@accutanetrip)

Posted : 10/01/2013 11:25 am

Can moisturizer reduce the redness caused by BP ?

And would egg protein powder cause me acne flares?

(@LewisS)

Posted : 10/01/2013 11:34 am

One topic is enough. Thank you!

If you continue to make threads of the same nature within minutes of each other I will have no other option but to issue you a warning. I am sure somebody with knowledge of your query will respond soon.

I have also moved your topic to the Diet and Hollistic health forum with a link back to the regimen forum so users that post in both forum can view and respond to your thread.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/01/2013 1:34 pm

Can moisturizer reduce the redness caused by BP ?

And would egg protein powder cause me acne flares?

Moisturizer helps reduce some of the irritation, yes, so it can help redness somewhat.

Protein powders in general seem to cause problems, though usually it's whey or soy that are the biggest culprits (because dairy and soy have in-built hormonal effects).

Anything that is trying to help you build muscle artificially, though, like a protein powder, seems to set in motion all of these anabolic / androgenic processes, which can flare acne. Short answer is, maybe it's causing acne flares.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 10/01/2013 8:40 pm

Depends on the moisturizer. And it's not uncommon to be allergic to eggs, especially the egg whites where most of the protein is. But we can't tell you if it will break you out. You have to try for yourself.