Notifications
Clear all

Dairy Breakouts?

MemberMember
(@member1)

Posted : 09/18/2013 3:31 pm

Hi everyone,

I think dairy is my acne culprit, I don't have any dairy as I'm eating a lot of free from but I have had soya milk and I think it's what is making me breakout, I'm getting cysts all around my chin and jawline.

Anyone else had these experiences with dairy?

MemberMember
(@hunniebun)

Posted : 09/18/2013 7:37 pm

I have been without dairy for nearly 2 months and have not noticed any change at all....but it seems like for some people it does make a big difference. I am learning from reading here and other places that the dietary triggers of acne are very individual and it is really a matter of trial and error!!!

MemberMember
(@ruby1990)

Posted : 09/23/2013 7:12 am

I had been suffering from acne on chin an jawline an tried so many different things. I've been doing the candida diet so cutting out dairy, yeast and sugar and taking daily probiotics because I think candida overgrowth was causing my breakouts. I've been on this diet for 2 weeks an have noticed a significant improvement in my skin and I feel better with more energy. I have had little treats now an then but eating healthy is becoming easier everyday, hopefully it helps this post helps you :)

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 09/23/2013 9:48 pm

I strongly believe that breakouts in certain areas of the face (like the chin) and of a certain type (red, inflammed pimples or whiteheads) are caused by allergies, not hormones. You need to find your trigger. My chin has been clear for 2 months since switching toothpastes, but I recently had a lot of frozen yogurt 2 days in a row, and my chin exploded! I've laid off the dairy once again and it's clearing up. This has happened many times before.

You need to figure out your triggers and see how your skin reacts.