Notifications
Clear all

Anyone Else Doing Low Candida Diet?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 09/09/2013 10:14 pm

I started the anti-histamine diet only because the allergist couldn't find specific allergies, just sensitivities to certain things so she recommended lowering my histamines. Based on the blood tests I did, my body was producing far too many antibodies and so I was sensitive to a number of things. The list of things to avoid is very long, and it includes body lotions, fragrances, nail polish (anything with preservatives and colorings basically). I initially only ate sweet potatoes, some vegetables (zucchini, kale, lettuce, peppers, carrots), and then I added vegetable juice, gluten-free cereal and luna bars to get more nutrients. I also took probiotics and digestive enzymes to help heal my gut. I noticed that, even though I ate less, I looked healthier and I put on some weight. Before, it was impossible to gain weight and I looked sick, which was what led me to believe that I had leaky gut or candida (or some type of digestive disorder) because I wasn't absorbing nutrients properly. Now I can tolerate more foods, but at the time sweet potatoes were my daily staple and kept me full.

MemberMember
(@nikkimixam)

Posted : 09/10/2013 10:06 am

Well, didn't take long for me to break out. Two underneath both sides of my jawline and about four on my chin. Only one is what I would really call cystic. I haven't broken out like this in over a month, until falling off track the past week during my time off work. And no its not mytime of the month, not for a couple weeks. I guarantee this is because something I ate, lack of sleep and alcohol. Ill keep an update!

MemberMember
(@nikkimixam)

Posted : 09/11/2013 2:44 pm

So, I started using grapeseed oil...napa valley naturals from whole foods. Last. Night, I put some on my chin and jawline only because that's where I broke out. I'm still afraid to put it all over my face. Anyone else use this? I still use jojoba as well for the rest of my face. The brand for that is dessert essence. .. What does everyone else use?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 09/11/2013 2:47 pm

DIETS SUCK!! Haha I know you said you can't afford an allergy test but you should consider getting a full panel of tests to save your body such torment! You can make payments monthly (that's what I always have to do).

I also wonder what a dermatologist would do if you walked in their door and asked for help but demanded they didn't prescribe you any topicals or antibiotics..

Where would I even go to get these tests done? What places would offer a payment plan? I currently don't have any insurance:/

Insurance might not cover the kinds of tests you need anyway, because you tend to have to find some alternative practitioner or go straight to the lab. There some links to some threads with good info in the allergy section of the good things thread.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 09/11/2013 3:35 pm

I use grapeseed oil (the same I use for cooking, 100% organic) on areas where I have melasma, but it doesn't help with acne so I avoid it on other parts of my face.

As for mid-cycle breakouts (ovulation-time), they are common if you have hormonal imbalances so don't rule out hormonal causes. You should track your breakouts and see if there is a patter. If you always get breakouts 2 weeks before your period, that's not necessarily diet related, it's hormonal.

MemberMember
(@nikkimixam)

Posted : 09/13/2013 11:52 am

My dog is.

Hi I'm wondering if you know if protein and fats spike blood sugar. I know you say to eat an anti-inflammatory blood sugar stabilizing diet. I currently only eat under 60 grams of carbs a day. However, to get my calories up, I eat a lot of healthy fats and meat. I doeat a lot of fatty meats too. What do your meals typically look like? Thank you!

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 09/13/2013 10:53 pm

My dog is.

Hi I'm wondering if you know if protein and fats spike blood sugar. I know you say to eat an anti-inflammatory blood sugar stabilizing diet. I currently only eat under 60 grams of carbs a day. However, to get my calories up, I eat a lot of healthy fats and meat. I doeat a lot of fatty meats too. What do your meals typically look like? Thank you!

Certain amino acids spike insulin, which is why dairy is insulinemic fats do not spike insulin. Fat & fiber lower the GI

So, I started using grapeseed oil...napa valley naturals from whole foods. Last. Night, I put some on my chin and jawline only because that's where I broke out. I'm still afraid to put it all over my face. Anyone else use this? I still use jojoba as well for the rest of my face. The brand for that is dessert essence. .. What does everyone else use?

The dog & I use napa valley safflower. Did you read the linoleic acid thread?

MemberMember
(@nikkimixam)

Posted : 09/14/2013 10:26 am

Skins looking very good again since enjoying myself last week. .I had maybe 10 new zits after not having any new breakouts for almost a couple of weeks. Drank crap, ate crap, brokeout tremendously. Now that I've been back on track , all my zits, except for one, are gone! Somethings definitely been working, I rarely get new zits and the ones I do get heal extremely fast! On another note, its boyfriends snd bestfriends bday tonight. Were all going out..I'm sure I'm going to have a drink. I'm thinking vodka and water? Lol. . What do you all drink?

MemberMember
(@nikkimixam)

Posted : 09/15/2013 5:05 pm

Sooo.. pretty much just using this to log my improvements/set backs. Lol. . Went out last night for my bfs bday. That will be the last tome I go out for a long while. I told myself I deserve to have fin. So I drank and went out to eat with everyone else. I woke up this morninh with two cystic zits on my jaw that were not there last night. I ate a burger, fries, and red velvet pancakes. Today I had some chinese and I will be going out for dinner and dessert later. I know my skin is going to pay for it, but at least I'm enjoying myself. Regardless, ill let you know of the freak breakouts I have within the next few weeks! ..starting tomorrow, its back to healthy eating habits!:) ill keep an update!

MemberMember
(@nikkimixam)

Posted : 09/16/2013 10:40 pm

Started a blog instead:)