Notifications
Clear all

Blood Sugar Levels

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 11/23/2012 10:14 am

Hey everyone i am almost 100% clear as i just found out my last step is unstable blood sugar levels, thats the only reason why carrots and apples breaks me out.

I have low blood sugar i can feel it and i have symptoms from it when i google.

I don't know ANYTHING about blood sugar levels as i write this. I have learned so much but this is new for me so please explain how can get stabel blood sugar level?

I start the morning drinking only water, then 1 hours later breakfast

Breakfast:

Waterkefir

Avocado

Cocumber

2-3 hours later:

Salat with olive oil and coconut oil

avocado

lunch:

salat raw veggies

avacado

beans or fish

2-3 hours later:

salat raw veggies

avacado

beans or fish

dinner:

vegetables

sometimes fish, beans or lentils

SHOULD I EAT BEFORE BED?

i go to bed at 22pm

what should i do? i have cut out carrots and apples im sure they made it worse.

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 11/23/2012 11:37 am

If you are eating as healthy as you say you are: there is no reason why you would have insulin problems unless 1) it was genetic, 2) you had a horrible high carb diet as a child. How old are you, may I ask? This would help me better determine the cause.

As for what you can do about it, your diet is fabulous. Do you exercise? If not- try 3 times or more a week. Insulin resistant people also need extra sleep- make sure you get in 8 a night.

In terms of supplements, try taking some apple cider vinegar before each meal. I recommend buying some natural psyllium husk (they sell it at any drug store) and mixing it in with water once a day for fiber. Incorporate more cinnamon into your diet. Take a chromium picolinate supplement, as well as an ALA (alpha lipoic acid)--but make sure you're getting enough omega 3 which it sounds like you are. Take cod liver oil (preferably green pastures butter/oil blend)--its fermented, the best of the best, and also has healthy fats from grass fed cows. The combo of these things should SURELY help you with insulin spikes and such, because your diet is already as I said, great.

This advice is all geared towards someone who has insulin resistance. I know because I have it myself and these steps have helped me tremendously. Many times though- insulin resistant folks have HIGH blood sugar, not low. So make sure that you actually have an insulin problem before taking this advice, otherwise you might allow your sugar to drop too low. Bad news.

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 11/23/2012 12:14 pm

Personally, I skip breakfast, and avoid eating before bed.

Fasting will aid your insulin resistance.

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 11/23/2012 1:28 pm

Its genetic - my mom has problem that her blood sugar falls and she feels like passing out so she needs some sugar = sparking the insulin. Thanks for the answers, yes i eat so clean i cant believe i still break out ?! I am 18 years old. Its the hormones forsure.