Notifications
Clear all

How Do You Even Know If You Have Candida? Advice On What To Do Next?

MemberMember
(@fsas)

Posted : 11/02/2012 9:18 pm

I mentioned it to my doc and she laughed in my face.

Thing is I also mentioned it to my naturopath when I went and he threw herbs and a parasite cleanse at me for 3 months and nothing changed, except for my bank account. I never had any symptoms good or bad. Yet I am convinced something is indeed wrong with either my gut or liver (despite having no symptoms) because, well I have acne.

Can someone help me out, are liver/parasite cleanses even worth it? What are the symptoms one might experience to need them? I've been so reluctant to try any liver cleanse coz there are so many out there I dont know what to trust not to mention I read a detailed topic once that the 'stones' people are finally coming from them are just from the oil.

Lately I've been more curious about parasites, I don't know. All I know is I don't think this forehead 'acne' is hormonal like the rest and this has been persistent for over 2 years, it's not even considered a 'hormonal' area much like the chin and jaw and I just have to add again my identical twin has amazing skin and the only difference between her and I is I started drinking alcohol fairly often years ago, she never did. So that HAS to be a pinpoint for me (hence why I always thought my liver was an issue despite negative tests and supplements making no difference). then again alcohol can do a lot of things but I've had all my vitamins levels checked etc and all is good.

I've had random issues with white cell count, iron and b12 over the years springing from no where but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if these 3 can connect dots.

I need a new step :/ sucks I don't have much to go off symptom wise to help me out -_-

can anyone please offer advice, I realize I post a lot and most of my topics get ignored but I need a new direction :S

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 11/02/2012 10:58 pm

Well, I can't say whether liver cleansing will help you, but I don't believe the stones are from the oil. After about 10 liver flushes, I stopped getting stones completely. I was drinking the same amount, if not more, of the oil. I didn't liver flush for a year or two and just recently did another one a couple weeks ago. I had the stones again, except this time, there were much fewer of them than the first time I flushed. The first flush I ever did, there were THOUSANDS. They just kept coming, and coming, and coming, with every trip to the bathroom. I felt about a thousand pounds lighter after too! I'm sorry but there's no way in HELL what came out of me was from the oil. You ingest a half cup of oil on these cleanses at the MOST.. that would not produce the thousands of things that came out of me.

And all of these people who claim it's the oil can never seem to offer an explanation about this...or about why people almost always STOP getting stones after a certain amount of flushes (different for each person but it seems to be somewhere between 10 and 20 for most).

All that said, I don't believe they are gallstones. I think it's either some sort of junk that is stuck in the liver or the intestines and comes out with the flush. Whatever it is, I felt ten million times better from getting it out. But, be cautioned, liver flushes can be rough and at times I thought I was going to die doing them, I got SO sick... it's always been worth it for me, but I've met a few people who didn't feel it was worth it. I've always just treated them like I'm having a surgery and set aside a few days of recovery time after.

As for parasite cleanses, they can be helpful along the way. Now I'm at a point where I feel a healthy body will fight off parasites on its own (I'm getting there). But back when I was really, really sick, yes I needed these cleanses, and yes, unfortunately, dead parasites did come out of me quite a few times. I never believed that parasites were common, and I did the cleanse "just to be safe." But after seeing some of the stuff that came out, I'm glad I did them.

As for candida... I don't really know. For myself I try not to diagnose things as candida just because I think it's more related to damaged gut and if anything, candida overgrowth is just a symptom of that...like acne. It's about getting to the root, not fixing the symptom. But that's just the root for myself, and from what you've described, your acne is quite different than mine.

I wish I could help you. I wish I could help all of us! I feel lucky that I at least know the general root cause for me, but I still get frustrated sometimes... I know you're really frustrated too. All I can say is that things like liver flushing are good for your body in general if you do them right, so you can't really go wrong. But if you go there, do plenty of research and read a lot of different testimonials and things... that helped me in the beginning when I was getting into them.

MemberMember
(@sepsi)

Posted : 11/06/2012 8:57 am

This is the difference between real doctors and quacks. When you tell a real doctor about some imaginary illness they don't take advantage of you. But when you tell a quack, they immediately jump to the opportunity to throw a bunch of supplements and follow up visits at you. And people complain that doctors don't have ethics...

But having been there, I would suggest to pass liver flushes, colonics, herbal cleanses and other such things.

MemberMember
(@tuffluck)

Posted : 11/06/2012 9:52 am

The route I took was candex digestive enzymes and strict diet. The only type of cleanse I did was taking activated charcoal for a month or so. My skin is doing wonderfully and now I have opened my diet back up to low sugar, alcohol, and most foods. The key is moderation. For the most part I eat healthy and I still juice everyday. This has cured me of acne and also made me physically, mentaly, and spiritually fit.

Within 2 months my life changes dramatically.

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 11/06/2012 2:20 pm

Just to report, I have done no cleansing. Cleared up my acne which I've had for 17 years at the age of 30. I've managed to keep the scarring to a minimum.

My acne was primarily cystic, in combination with surface formations.

My diet is currently :

- mushrooms

- kale

- eggs

- bacon

- beef

- lots of fish

- lots of veggies (no tubers, mostly green leafy things)

- chicken

- avocadoes

- almonds

- no wheat

- no dairy

- zucchini

less than 200g carbs per day, less than 1800 calories a day. This is the only thing that stopped my cysts from forming.

Don't worry or think about it too much. This might work for you. Just give it a whirl and stay dedicated, and don't cheat. Don't be scared of fat. Exercise.

One thing I have always wondered, is why some people eat whatever they please, and never get acne?

I believe that these people are either gifted, or their bodies are dealing with their poor diets in a different way.

This allows me to realize that my body is doing something good, and warning me that what I'm eating is pretty much unusable and dysfunctional and contains no true "building blocks".

Consider acne a reflection of how things are inside of your own body. Inflammation occurs not just on the skin's surface, but throughout your entire body's circulatory system.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 11/06/2012 2:35 pm

Jarrit have you read the entire probiotics/gut-healing thread? It seems you're on the right path. Need some probiotics up in that diet, though!

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 11/06/2012 3:45 pm

Forgot to add I'm Korean and eat kimchi :)

MemberMember
(@fsas)

Posted : 11/08/2012 2:38 am

Well, I can't say whether liver cleansing will help you, but I don't believe the stones are from the oil. After about 10 liver flushes, I stopped getting stones completely. I was drinking the same amount, if not more, of the oil. I didn't liver flush for a year or two and just recently did another one a couple weeks ago. I had the stones again, except this time, there were much fewer of them than the first time I flushed. The first flush I ever did, there were THOUSANDS. They just kept coming, and coming, and coming, with every trip to the bathroom. I felt about a thousand pounds lighter after too! I'm sorry but there's no way in HELL what came out of me was from the oil. You ingest a half cup of oil on these cleanses at the MOST.. that would not produce the thousands of things that came out of me.

And all of these people who claim it's the oil can never seem to offer an explanation about this...or about why people almost always STOP getting stones after a certain amount of flushes (different for each person but it seems to be somewhere between 10 and 20 for most).

All that said, I don't believe they are gallstones. I think it's either some sort of junk that is stuck in the liver or the intestines and comes out with the flush. Whatever it is, I felt ten million times better from getting it out. But, be cautioned, liver flushes can be rough and at times I thought I was going to die doing them, I got SO sick... it's always been worth it for me, but I've met a few people who didn't feel it was worth it. I've always just treated them like I'm having a surgery and set aside a few days of recovery time after.

As for parasite cleanses, they can be helpful along the way. Now I'm at a point where I feel a healthy body will fight off parasites on its own (I'm getting there). But back when I was really, really sick, yes I needed these cleanses, and yes, unfortunately, dead parasites did come out of me quite a few times. I never believed that parasites were common, and I did the cleanse "just to be safe." But after seeing some of the stuff that came out, I'm glad I did them.

As for candida... I don't really know. For myself I try not to diagnose things as candida just because I think it's more related to damaged gut and if anything, candida overgrowth is just a symptom of that...like acne. It's about getting to the root, not fixing the symptom. But that's just the root for myself, and from what you've described, your acne is quite different than mine.

I wish I could help you. I wish I could help all of us! I feel lucky that I at least know the general root cause for me, but I still get frustrated sometimes... I know you're really frustrated too. All I can say is that things like liver flushing are good for your body in general if you do them right, so you can't really go wrong. But if you go there, do plenty of research and read a lot of different testimonials and things... that helped me in the beginning when I was getting into them.

Thanks for all your input (and everyone else!).

I'm still a bit curious about the liver cleanse. Although I have indeed looked it up countless times but I get so many different ways and opinions and then theres all the info of it not even being a 'real' thing. I'm curious which liver cleanse you did? I always get so overwhelmed with all the info out there :/

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 11/08/2012 7:44 am

I've always done the traditional Hulda Clarke cleanses. But now, for whatever reason, I find that I react worse and worse to the Epsom salts (I didn't in the beginning). So now I'm looking into epsom-free liver cleanses.