Notifications
Clear all

I'm Sick... Really? Your're Kidding Me.

MemberMember
(@ayla)

Posted : 10/22/2012 10:08 pm

well, you possibly had a rise in stress at that time too..? I used to smoke as well, never saw a correlation either way. Nothing wrong with cheese if it's grass fed and you can handle it, I just meant no need to subject yourself to solely in the name of calcium.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 10/23/2012 7:53 am

yep. i cut out all dairy and took supplements but my dr explained to me that bodies arent absorbing much supplements and that it was critical for me, as a woman, to get calcium. he suggested just eating a small amount of cheese only (since im avoiding dairy) but acne is superficial (pains me to say that lol) and bones are critical to life- so ... i mean i get what he's saying but, its tough.

Women are at a greater risk for osteoporosis, yes. Vitamin D and magnesium are just as crucially important in bone formation and density as calcium, though. Don't overlook them

And many other nutrients. The calcium thing is way overblown and there's little chance you are deficient in calcium unless you frequently consume foods that forces your body to take calcium from your bones to counter. Such as drink phosphoric acid aka soft drinks.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 10/24/2012 2:07 pm

thanks. i already eat sardines. i know small fish are better.

sometimes i just want some cheese, high quality, local artisan cheese. not the end of the world.

i seem to have a threshhold (that im trying to figure out) where i can eat a certain amount of dairy, sugar, gluten and be okay (small amounts) and if i go overboard then i get the nodules/cysts...

its all a learning process.

also i used to be a heavy marijuana smoker and weed is an anti-inflammatory so my dr thinks that might of actually been helping my acne inflammation stay down, i stopped cold turkey 2 years ago (for a medical reason) and oddly enough thats when my nodules/cysts began.

Were the medical reasons lung-related? Because you can vape without any lung damage. Vaping rocks! I feel weed is pretty anti-inflammatory for me as well.

MemberMember
(@chelslaw)

Posted : 10/24/2012 2:39 pm

no. cervical. also anxiety. i was a heavy heavy (weed) smoker for 13 years... started to become very anxious not only when smoking but also on days i didnt.

i feel better without it but my skin apparently enjoyed it. lol

MemberMember
(@betterness24)

Posted : 10/24/2012 3:32 pm

Just thought I'd update: I'm STILL sick. It's turned into a strange dry cough (i hate these). And in the evenings I feel weak and just exhausted.

I'm really surprised I've felt like crap this long. I don't ever get sick. This is just, very unusual for me.

MemberMember
(@peony7)

Posted : 10/24/2012 5:47 pm

Just thought I'd update: I'm STILL sick. It's turned into a strange dry cough (i hate these). And in the evenings I feel weak and just exhausted.

I'm really surprised I've felt like crap this long. I don't ever get sick. This is just, very unusual for me.

Try some turmeric mixed with honey. I had a bad cold a couple of weeks ago and it really helped.

But it tastes revolting - hold your nose or something, I gagged first time I did it. My friend drinks turmeric in warm milk which tastes a lot better but depends on whether milk makes the mucus worse for you.

MemberMember
(@betterness24)

Posted : 10/24/2012 6:14 pm

Try some turmeric mixed with honey. I had a bad cold a couple of weeks ago and it really helped.

But it tastes revolting - hold your nose or something, I gagged first time I did it. My friend drinks turmeric in warm milk which tastes a lot better but depends on whether milk makes the mucus worse for you.

I'm kinda scared to do any amount of experimentation with milk-- I think that's one of my main acne triggers.

I drank muscle milk yesterday and this morning since it's not really milk- but it still has whey in it (I didn't think about) which is a milk by-product.

So I've had a few white heads say hello in the past 24 hours that I thought I was over.

But I'll try the turmeric and honey. I think I have some in the cabinets. Thanks!