Notifications
Clear all

Anyone Else Feel Sleepy From Zinc Or Fish Oil? Read My Story!

MemberMember
(@tingmothy)

Posted : 10/12/2012 11:49 am

Hey guys, I started nature's bounty 50mg chelated zinc and kirkland's one-a-day fish oil 2 weeks ago. Now, one of these is causing me to be very sleepy, and I take both at around 5pm every day. I will go to bed around 11 or 12, but it will be extremely hard for me to wake up in the mornings. For sure it's one of the 2 causing my drowsiness. In the mornings, it is almost impossible for me to wake up. Does anyone else experience this problem?

MemberMember
(@verdnase)

Posted : 10/12/2012 12:51 pm

I doubt it's the fish oil, are you taking zinc with a large meal?

Zinc can cause stomach upset, occasionally resulting in nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea if you take it on an empty stomach.

MemberMember
(@tuffluck)

Posted : 10/12/2012 7:13 pm

This is why you add in one supplement at a time to first find out how you react to it. I've read countless times on this forum where people will try numerous supplements all at once bc of course. they are "good" for you, and then not have a clue of whats actually helping or whats not. Just had to chime in.

And to answer your question. Unfortunately everyone reacts differently to everything. Your best bet is to eliminate one and then see how it goes.

MemberMember
(@tingmothy)

Posted : 10/13/2012 12:15 am

I never got stomache problems from zinc. I take it with a big meal every day. I'm a guy so I eat a lot lol.