Notifications
Clear all

Question About Food Sensitivity...

MemberMember
(@scov93)

Posted : 10/02/2012 7:57 am

hi guys

ive done alot of research into diet and have found its not just what we eat its also when we eat.

read link below if interested

http://www.acne.org/...83#entry3291183

This is an interesting topic.

However there is not enough research to back this up and this places the blame solely on testosterone.

I know people with high testosterone and they don't have acne.

Interesting reading but it's not conclusive and diet is not a one glove fits all situation. People react differently to different foods, eating patters and so on.

its more IGF-1 that im interested and its affect on the reproduction of cells.

fancy giving it a go and see how it works for you ?

ive got 6 people including me on this diet and it seems to be working wonders for all of us ?

Intriguing but at the moment i'm doing a fitness project and cutting down to 8 to 10% body fat. Skipping meals is no an option.

Post up the results, no doubt it will be interesting.

the point is that your not skipping meals. you can consume the same amount of calories as you would normally you just have to fit it into a smaller amount of time.

it has been shown to have a large number of benefits for athletes especially for if your wanting to loose body fat. im around 10% now and i still make gains on my weight training.

It's not about "calories" IMO. If anything i am eating more now then i did previously and i am cutting very well. My energy deficit is done in the gym through high intensity training and using the Y3T principles. Burning body fat is a lot more dependent on insulin sensitivity and hormonal stabilization than just relying on calorie deficit

I see what you saying but i am already 7 weeks into the process and do not want to stop.

For me intermittent fasting has got a long way to go . Lot's of interesting data coming out granted.

Me and my nutrition coach were talking about it a few weeks ago and both agree it looks promising but still a lot of research needs to be done.

After i finish my cut i am then doing quite an intense muscle building phase. Out of curiosity i may give I.F a go and see what occurs. However i do love eating every 3 hours lol.

fair enough mate, what you training for ?

For me biggrin.png

Never been down to 8% body fat, it's a personal challenge really.

I was laid out most of last year due to a viral infection, lost all my fitness and put a belly on. Started 27% body fat 4 months ago now down to 13%.

The current phase i'm doing is 12 to 16 weeks long and i working with Scott Baptie from foodfortfitness.co.uk He is an awesome nutritionist. Learned a lot from him.

i used to be alot fatter. i was around 16 stone about 3 years ago(im 6 foot 3) i needed the weight for rugby

fat loss is really hard as you know, i had to sacrifice a ton of muscle too

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 10/02/2012 8:11 am

hi guys

ive done alot of research into diet and have found its not just what we eat its also when we eat.

However there is not enough research to back this up and this places the blame solely on testosterone.

Interesting reading but it's not conclusive and diet is not a one glove fits all situation. People react differently to different foods, eating patters and so on.

ive got 6 people including me on this diet and it seems to be working wonders for all of us ?

Intriguing but at the moment i'm doing a fitness project and cutting down to 8 to 10% body fat. Skipping meals is no an option.

the point is that your not skipping meals. you can consume the same amount of calories as you would normally you just have to fit it into a smaller amount of time.

it has been shown to have a large number of benefits for athletes especially for if your wanting to loose body fat. im around 10% now and i still make gains on my weight training.

It's not about "calories" IMO. If anything i am eating more now then i did previously and i am cutting very well. My energy deficit is done in the gym through high intensity training and using the Y3T principles. Burning body fat is a lot more dependent on insulin sensitivity and hormonal stabilization than just relying on calorie deficit

I see what you saying but i am already 7 weeks into the process and do not want to stop.

For me intermittent fasting has got a long way to go . Lot's of interesting data coming out granted.

Me and my nutrition coach were talking about it a few weeks ago and both agree it looks promising but still a lot of research needs to be done.

After i finish my cut i am then doing quite an intense muscle building phase. Out of curiosity i may give I.F a go and see what occurs. However i do love eating every 3 hours lol.

For me biggrin.png

I was laid out most of last year due to a viral infection, lost all my fitness and put a belly on. Started 27% body fat 4 months ago now down to 13%.

The current phase i'm doing is 12 to 16 weeks long and i working with Scott Baptie from foodfortfitness.co.uk He is an awesome nutritionist. Learned a lot from him.

i used to be alot fatter. i was around 16 stone about 3 years ago(im 6 foot 3) i needed the weight for rugby

Good for you mate.

Do it right and you can maintain the muscle you have but its all about nutrition which i believe to be 80% of the process gaining or cutting.

And yes fat loss takes serious resolve. Especially when everyone around you is munching on chocolate and im eating chicken and veg or salad lol

MemberMember
(@scov93)

Posted : 10/02/2012 8:15 am

hi guys

For me biggrin.png

Good for you mate.

Do it right and you can maintain the muscle you have but its all about nutrition which i believe to be 80% of the process gaining or cutting.

And yes fat loss takes serious resolve. Especially when everyone around you is munching on chocolate and im eating chicken and veg or salad lol

aye steamed chicken and steamed broccoli cant get enough lol

MemberMember
(@chelslaw)

Posted : 10/02/2012 9:10 am

take it to the skies- that was my understanding initially but no thats not the case. you can break out within hours or days of having a food you are sensitive to

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 10/02/2012 12:34 pm

For me biggrin.png

Ugh, don't you hate when that happens? I've gotten sick for long periods of time and lost all of my progress too. It sucks.

MemberMember
(@rmalab)

Posted : 10/02/2012 12:48 pm

Food sensitivity reactions are usually caused by IgG antibodies. Eating a reactive food can produce IgG antigen-antibody immune complexes that deposit in tissue and release inflammation-causing chemicals (called a Type III hypersensitivity reaction). We know that inflammation promotes acne, so its totally believable that food reactions could play some part in break outs.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 10/02/2012 2:21 pm

For me biggrin.png

Ugh, don't you hate when that happens? I've gotten sick for long periods of time and lost all of my progress too. It sucks.

Indeed, however i am all for turning negatives into positives. It just made me more determined to cut down and get good definition back.

Food sensitivity reactions are usually caused by IgG antibodies. Eating a reactive food can produce IgG antigen-antibody immune complexes that deposit in tissue and release inflammation-causing chemicals (called a Type III hypersensitivity reaction). We know that inflammation promotes acne, so it™s totally believable that food reactions could play some part in break outs.

I agree with this.

It's also why we cannot just point the finger at one thing.

There are many bad foods out there. Cutting gluten has had a huge affect on me but i do like to have a reward meal every 2 weeks. I could probably control my acne better with diet but at the same time life is there to be enjoyed and does not revolve around my acne. Balance is key.

I feel if i can stay 95% most of the time then im all for having a big fat reward meal every 2 to 3 weeks. It's purely for mental stability lol